Lishen 270ah-272ah cell group buy.

TWNomadin

Solar Enthusiast
Hello Michael

A bit of confusion about the orders for the 272 lishen batteries. Does this mean that the order deal has fallen apart and we need to change our order or get a refund? If we are willing to wait then the order is still standing?
I have asked that a few times (here, PM, email) no answer yet.

JJJJ

Aspiring apprentice
Well I just contacted the FedEx receiving center. If a signature is required, they would be required to sign for it in order to receive it.

Once the signature has taken place, approval has been given for the delivery. In other words, if I found a problem later, by authorizing receipt by the agency I would be deferring approval to them.

Taikage

Solar Enthusiast

A.Justice

Swears he didn't start that fire.
....Assuming a current draw of 100A, you can expect a voltage drop of 13mV. 13mv at 100A is 1.3W of power lost to heating.

Each bus bar will give out 1.3W when you're drawing a full 100A from the battery. In an 8 cell battery that's 12w.

It's not a lot, but it does add up over time if you don't have any cooling on your batteries....
Just to put in in perspective, a vape can heat up a coil to red-hot with 6-8w. Even small amounts of power can cause a tremendous amount of heat.

Stan

Please refund my money. I have asked for refund in pm but have not received an answer.
Ordered cells in March.
Thank you

luckielab

Solar Enthusiast

corporate.joe

Solar Addict
For those thinking about switching to the GFB 277ah, I received the second half of my order on Sunday. All of the cells were packaged well (the same as the first half https://diysolarforum.com/threads/lishen-270ah-272ah-cell-group-buy.14668/page-161#post-322801) and all batteries arrived at 3.24v. I'm in the process of charging them up now, but they look fantastic, and have intact QR codes.

Thanks Michael!
I've been quite happy with mine so far. Barring the fact that I wasn't careful enough with one of those soft terminal bolts. Do be careful with those. I finally added a torque wrench to my tool chest because of that mishap. I am noticing a little bloating after top-balancing but I did not compress during. I'm planning on compressing after draining them fairly low.

Using this Plano case for an 8s battery box. Can't beat that sale price either.

dustonlarsen

Solar Enthusiast
Hello Michael

A bit of confusion about the orders for the 272 lishen batteries. Does this mean that the order deal has fallen apart and we need to change our order or get a refund? If we are willing to wait then the order is still standing?
Reaching out to other suppliers they still have not shipped out the 272 from the manufacturer. Not sure who Michael was talking to a few months back but they were not honest with him. THAT is why we all continued to wait. Last update was cells are right around the corner. Unfortunately we all got dragged along. Not saying Michael could have seen this coming. No one could have. But it did cost us who waited a couple hundred dollars. And simple communication would have helped. Setting up extra emails is not a solution to the problem. It’s a bandaid to stop the bleeding from a self inflicted wound. Michael wasn’t holding his suppliers accountable. Sucks. I’m not on the Michael is scamming people group but I’m also not on the I recommend Michael. I reached out to 3 “Amy’s” and got more information then I have from Michael in months. He just didn’t manage this well. Plain and simple. When shit hits the fan that is when you know who you want to do business with. Not when it’s easy.

84bronze

Solar Enthusiast
Reaching out to other suppliers they still have not shipped out the 272 from the manufacturer. Not sure who Michael was talking to a few months back but they were not honest with him. THAT is why we all continued to wait. Last update was cells are right around the corner. Unfortunately we all got dragged along. Not saying Michael could have seen this coming. No one could have. But it did cost us who waited a couple hundred dollars. And simple communication would have helped. Setting up extra emails is not a solution to the problem. It’s a bandaid to stop the bleeding from a self inflicted wound. Michael wasn’t holding his suppliers accountable. Sucks. I’m not on the Michael is scamming people group but I’m also not on the I recommend Michael. I reached out to 3 “Amy’s” and got more information then I have from Michael in months. He just didn’t manage this well. Plain and simple. When shit hits the fan that is when you know who you want to do business with. Not when it’s easy.
Thank you for your response. I don't think I have ever seen anything like this before in life in general with everything happening. Crazy stuff. I agree with you on the battery shipment situation and it doesn't seem like it is going to happen anytime soon (it will be next week lol). I pray for Michael and wish him all the blessings that what he is going through is overcome. Not wanting to get involved in his personal life but other people's lives should receive the same blessings. I am almost at the point where I will wait until next year and hopefully the lifepo4 battery "shortages" will be over or a better solution will come available. My batteries now won't make it through another winter where I am and I have to have something to use.

DerpsyDoodler

Photon Sorcerer
Thank you for your response. I don't think I have ever seen anything like this before in life in general with everything happening. Crazy stuff. I agree with you on the battery shipment situation and it doesn't seem like it is going to happen anytime soon (it will be next week lol). I pray for Michael and wish him all the blessings that what he is going through is overcome. Not wanting to get involved in his personal life but other people's lives should receive the same blessings. I am almost at the point where I will wait until next year and hopefully the lifepo4 battery "shortages" will be over or a better solution will come available. My batteries now won't make it through another winter where I am and I have to have something to use.
Where are you? If you don't mind me asking.

goofyfoot

We had to call the number from the invoice he gave us to get any kind of response. Even then it was his daughter that answered and didn't really know a lot of what was going on or care to. Once we said we would get our money back either way, we got a refund from him next day. Weird.

Bob B

Photon Sorcerer
Sounds like you need to be ordering from someone who has US stock. If you search, there are at least 2 providers now who have received good reviews .... assuming you you are in the US

aj676

Solar Enthusiast
For those thinking about switching to the GFB 277ah, I received the second half of my order on Sunday. All of the cells were packaged well (the same as the first half https://diysolarforum.com/threads/lishen-270ah-272ah-cell-group-buy.14668/page-161#post-322801) and all batteries arrived at 3.24v. I'm in the process of charging them up now, but they look fantastic, and have intact QR codes.

Thanks Michael!
We had a fedex tracking number from June 25th for the GFB277ah cells. Just today received 1/2 the order. 8 of the 16 boxes arrived in excellent condition with corner protectors and nicely packaged. ZERO damage, intact QR codes and the cells look perfect. I could not be happier. In process of testing but so far so good! Anxious for the second half of the shipment to arrive now.
Update: the 2nd half was delivered to another part of the shop likely the night before. We found them later this day and all are in perfect condition.

Attachments

• IMG_3341.JPG
    IMG_3341.JPG
    990.8 KB · Views: 30
  • cell.jpg
    cell.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 32
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 31
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Diysolar123

Solar Addict
Anyone receive a response after emailing lishenrefund@hotmail.com? Just wondering if the process is running faster there than the original lines...
nope, no responses via msg or email...
he is probably overloaded even more than before because he actually posted that the lishen buyers should give up...
If you look at the number of "customers" he had in the dec-mar time for the 272 lishen cells and the number of cells that were ordered, well, that is probably a very large pile of cash he needs to move around.

and as an fyi... why are most of the new battery source "alternatives" seemingly staffed by ladies name "amy"????o_O