Lishen 270ah-272ah cell group buy.

Critter350

Solar Enthusiast
His Eve Cells tested:

He also bought 4 Lishen 272ah cells from me, which I sourced from my current main supplier, and they tested:...

I’ve only bought 4 from you, pretty sure you said CATL, but it’s not marked on them.
I’ve only bought 4 from you, pretty sure you said CATL, but it’s not marked on them.

TexasFan

Solar Enthusiast
Well isn’t this a long and meandering thread! Bit of something for everyone.
I placed my order with Michael 28th January, received shipping number 5th February. Local tracking went live 5 March (Sydney Australia) and delivered 15 March (Perth). These are the 271 CATL cells with M8 studs. One of the cells was damaged, so waiting on a new one. Three busbars, each 4 layer copper with oa measurement 22x2mm. Double nuts and washers, and 4 sense wire terminals. The three undamaged cells have tested individually to better than 271 at 10A load which was all I could manage with my setup. Mostly interested in them testing about the same.
Was package damaged?

Lorenzo90

So I finally received the cells (ordered beginning of December arrived 20 of march!)
Apparently the supplier is different from everyone else, since I'm the UK, and barely nobody was shipping to the UK while the brexit was in progress.

So 272a my cells have no studs because they come from a different suppliers..
But they have arrived without bus bars!!

Michael apologize, apparently that suppliers "forgot to send bus bars to every other clients as well..
He told me that on the 23rd of march the bus bars were shipped, and provided with a tracking number...
The parcel appears to be stuck in LAX (LOS ANGELES? Or das lax means something else as well?) Since the 29th ... Mind I live in UK.
-international shipping can't be blamed this time.. i ordered a Daly bms from Daly directly, shipped the 29th of march and it arrived on the 6th of April...

So I guess I can't wait anymore, what bus bars have you used for your cells? (I'm planning to pull up to 1c)
I have 8 cells.. cheapest option, considering that I have to pay a second time for those bus bars?

TexasFan

Solar Enthusiast
So I finally received the cells (ordered beginning of December arrived 20 of march!)
Apparently the supplier is different from everyone else, since I'm the UK, and barely nobody was shipping to the UK while the brexit was in progress.

Michael apologize, apparently that suppliers "forgot to send bus bars to every other clients as well..
He told me that on the 23rd of march the bus bars were shipped, and provided with a tracking number...
The parcel appears to be stuck in LAX (LOS ANGELES? Or das lax means something else as well?) Since the 29th ... Mind I live in UK.
-international shipping can't be blamed this time.. i ordered a Daly bms from Daly directly, shipped the 29th of march and it arrived on the 6th of April...

So I guess I can't wait anymore, what bus bars have you used for your cells? (I'm planning to pull up to 1c)
I have 8 cells.. cheapest option, considering that I have to pay a second time for those bus bars?
you could just get copper tubing and hammer it flat then drill holes

Koontzy

Solar Enthusiast
Not visibly. Cell Damage was in the general area of the hardware packet, but it’s hard to see how the cell could be pierced without the flimsy (small hardware) cardboard box being damaged.
Hey, could you please measure the distance between two different cell posts ? Trying to plan on buying braided bussbar 😂😂 Thank !!

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer

LAX is indeed Los Angeles.
I just ordered 16 bus bars and all hardware from my current main supplier (not the one the cells were ordered from) to be shipped to you air freight.
You should have them in 10-15 days
You should not have to pay for something that was supposed to come with the order

Last edited:

rootusrootus

Solar Enthusiast
Perhaps those instructions, which have been posted appx 2 dozen times, would be more obvious if 3/4 of the posts werent off topic. I know I sound like a deek but its as if the majority of users here never used a message board. Random banter about DIY builds have a forum, youll get better input there and we dont waste Michaels time wading through off topic posts to get updates from him.
/rant.
To be fair, for the folks who can't understand the very first post in the thread and have to read through all of the off-topic banter to see the other two dozen times it says to start a discussion with him, I don't think it's necessarily the off-topic post quantity that is the problem.

TexasFan

Solar Enthusiast
To be fair, for the folks who can't understand the very first post in the thread and have to read through all of the off-topic banter to see the other two dozen times it says to start a discussion with him, I don't think it's necessarily the off-topic post quantity that is the problem.
For many myself included the sheer number of posts and replies from different folks is what gave me enough confidance to place an order with Mike's Group Buy. The idea of ordering and sending money overseas to China when I have never purchased anything from overseas made me uneasy to place an order for 16 272 cells and fork over a chunk of change. So now I feel it is my turn to stay involved in this thread while I await my order to arrive and give others who need reassurance this site and Group Buy is real.

Koontzy

Solar Enthusiast
For many myself included the sheer number of posts and replies from different folks is what gave me enough confidance to place an order with Mike's Group Buy. The idea of ordering and sending money overseas to China when I have never purchased anything from overseas made me uneasy to place an order for 16 272 cells and fork over a chunk of change. So now I feel it is my turn to stay involved in this thread while I await my order to arrive and give others who need reassurance this site and Group Buy is real.
exactly the same thing for me. The main thing that made me order with Michael, is the number of people involve and the still active thread with testimony of lot of peoples receiving their orders. The discussion here gave me the courage to order and DIY instead of looking around pages and pages of different topics.

Diysolar123

Solar Enthusiast
well, pulling 1c is a serious amount of current...
Do you mean to pull 1c for a short time or continuous? it would make a big difference.

an occasional 1minute pull of 200+ amps I would go with 2awg given the total length would be 3"per bar * 7bars = 21 inches of "wiring".
2awg is about 0.0001563ohms/ft so...total heat in the bus bars would i^2R = 272^2*0.0001536 = that would be 11watts of heat in the bus bars.
4awg would be about 19watts
10awg would be 74watts hehe

If you plan on long term pulling that much (5min or more), 0awg which is 84.9 square mm of copper...so hammering a copper pipe will not work hehe

when figuring out how much copper you need for a given current, you can always just use square mm's of copper, the shape does not matter to much, its the cross sectional area.

1617840994526.png

Diysolar123

Solar Enthusiast
I like using cable AWG calculators that include the ability to input the length of the cable. Link to one follows but there are many others.

online calculators are important..
I like the ones that make it clear if you are to input the total wire length which means both wires (+lenght and -length), or if they are doubling the wire length for you.
Also different calculators have different levels of tolerance for voltage drop (waste heat) that handy ones let you put in your heat loss comfort level hehe

here is another calculator:

Gazoo

Dumb Dumb
If a calculator does not specify round trip then it's included in the calculation. Here is one that does specify round trip is included. :p

It's true, different calculators can vary slightly. But if compared with each other they mostly agree. IIRC the maximum allowable voltage drop is 3%. I know it's good to keep voltage drop as low as possible, and in my case I don't need to have pipe sized wires. But I don't want my cables boiling over either.

Batvette

Solar Enthusiast
exactly the same thing for me. The main thing that made me order with Michael, is the number of people involve and the still active thread with testimony of lot of peoples receiving their orders. The discussion here gave me the courage to order and DIY instead of looking around pages and pages of different topics.
Those arent the posts I was talking about.
That would be on topic, as would discussion of the quality of cells people received.
Im not a moderator and have said my piece, I will just unsub from the thread as I await my order to arrive and discuss build plans in the appropriate forums.

Joe Biden the last

Off-grid Addict
Perhaps those instructions, which have been posted appx 2 dozen times, would be more obvious if 3/4 of the posts werent off topic. I know I sound like a deek but its as if the majority of users here never used a message board. Random banter about DIY builds have a forum, youll get better input there and we dont waste Michaels time wading through off topic posts to get updates from him.
/rant.
When are we going to ask Michael if his time is actually being wasted? Isn't that better than sounding like a "deek"?

Batvette

Solar Enthusiast
1. We arent sending money to China. We sent it to a guy in the US who has experience and clout with these distributors in China who could rip us off individually and not get badly hurt if we complain. If they rip off Michael word would get around.
2. Your reassurances dont mean alot until the cells are in your hand do they?
3. How "real" DIY solar forums is is hardly relevant to anything. Unless I am misinformed, Michael is merely a user just like you and I. He has no affiliation with the site owners and they are not liable for his transactions.
Please someone correct me if I have that wrong.
4. I have every assurance my investment is safe, because PAYPAL is real. You did pay using goods and services, right? I have had a paypal account for about 20 years, and hundreds of transactions on ebay and elsewhere, and NEVER been screwed out of a penny. I dont need to participate in a daily cluster**** chat biting my nails that my money is safe because it is.

All I was asking for was enforcing topical discussion, something virtually every forum on the internet adheres to to a degree. It saves wasted energy on off topic banter but apparantly lots of folks here enjoy that.
***In the interest of forum harmony, I invite site moderators to delete MY off topic posts such as this as they enforce the rules. Its certainly not "my yob".

Diysolar123

Solar Enthusiast
1. We arent sending money to China. We sent it to a guy in the US who has experience and clout with these distributors in China who could rip us off individually and not get badly hurt if we complain. If they rip off Michael word would get around.
2. Your reassurances dont mean alot until the cells are in your hand do they?
3. How "real" DIY solar forums is is hardly relevant to anything. Unless I am misinformed, Michael is merely a user just like you and I. He has no affiliation with the site owners and they are not liable for his transactions.
Please someone correct me if I have that wrong.
4. I have every assurance my investment is safe, because PAYPAL is real. You did pay using goods and services, right? I have had a paypal account for about 20 years, and hundreds of transactions on ebay and elsewhere, and NEVER been screwed out of a penny. I dont need to participate in a daily cluster**** chat biting my nails that my money is safe because it is.

All I was asking for was enforcing topical discussion, something virtually every forum on the internet adheres to to a degree. It saves wasted energy on off topic banter but apparantly lots of folks here enjoy that.
***In the interest of forum harmony, I invite site moderators to delete MY off topic posts such as this as they enforce the rules. Its certainly not "my yob".

take a deep breath...hold it.. now release it..
it is going to be ok, you will get through this, relax.