Lishen 270ah-272ah cell group buy.

Gazoo

Dumb Dumb
You already have copper busbars sitting on the aluminum terminal. Whats the difference? Most people just use some kind of corrosion inhibitor like Oxguard.
The busbars that come with the cells is tinned copper. I too have thought about induced corrosion by using a copper washer as opposed to an aluminum washer. I guess a corrosion inhibitor would be a must if using a copper washer?

OsirisAsar

Looking for an answer on that one as well. I have an order with Michael for the 272s that sounded like shipping at the end of April but have not heard any more info.

babybober

Solar Enthusiast
For those asking on the 272's. Back on message 1371 from 4/18 Michael talked about the delays and that other cells were available. Pricing of those on message 1419 on 4/20. I swapped my order of 8 272's for 16 150's and now have a tracking number. Same basic size (2 150's vs 1 272) more capacity and while slightly more $, actually less $ per AH.

OsirisAsar

Thank you for re-posting that info. It would be good for that communication to go directly to folks that have already ordered though vs. having to track down information many pages back in this forum. Not blaming Michael for the situation, he is doing what he can, but communication could be better. I am in a time sensitive situation now and might have to request a refund at this point. I would prefer to wait, but am back against a wall. I really do not want to deal with more cells as well so that is another consideration.

carbon60

Solar Enthusiast
I received the first batch of Lishen cells that I ordered way back when. No damage, everything looks great.

I ordered M6 studs. They look like this:
image.jpg

I'm wondering about the contact surface being reduced so much by that step. Any thoughts on that?

Update: As noted by @Lt.Dan , post 1608 shows a possible solution is forthcoming.

Last edited:

Nikolai

Solar Enthusiast
Hi @Michael B Caro . I imagined you're slammed - Replied to your pricing/info PM around 7pm CST on Thursday. Let me know about ordering pls. Good size lot of the 272's w/M8 studs, and perhaps a Daly 300a BMS. I'm experimenting w/a 4s configuration that makes a (non-coincidentally IMO) group 24F battery size I'm going to do in my GX460 w/1kW inverter for future overlanding fun. That, in addition to a buddy's 2x16s off-grid RV and a 16s hybrid home PV project for myself. Thanks!

darif

For those asking on the 272's. Back on message 1371 from 4/18 Michael talked about the delays and that other cells were available. Pricing of those on message 1419 on 4/20. I swapped my order of 8 272's for 16 150's and now have a tracking number. Same basic size (2 150's vs 1 272) more capacity and while slightly more $, actually less $ per AH.
That's weird. I've ordered 150s end of March and still have no news. Which 150s exactly have you ordered? Coslight? Lishen?

Leon

I have seen a few people questioning the current-carrying capacity of the welded studs on the 272ah cells. Soft aluminium washers may be a solution, but it would be better to avoid the problem entirely, if possible. The Lishen 150ah cells appear to have rectangular terminals, which should be able to accept rectangular-based studs which might give larger weld volume and better contact area for bus bars. I am basing these assumptions on the picture here: https://diysolarforum.com/resources/lishen-150ah-specification-sheet-w-photo-caro.177/

Here is an example of the studs I mean, on different cells:
1620100120576.png

Would a 2P8S arrangement of 150s give better current capacity than 1P8S of larger cells? I am just talking about the terminals and bus-bars here, not the cells themselves. It appears that the inter-cell connections would be the bottleneck.

Last edited:

Nikolai

Solar Enthusiast
So... as an engineer, I do appreciate all the discussion of proper current capacity, but was there a demonstrated reason for this? A decent-res IR image during an extended 1C discharge would be worth a thousand posts here, unless I missed something similar a few dozen pages back. Listed wiring is typically rated for pretty substantial temp deltas above ambient, hence my question here.