diy solar

diy solar

Lishen 272ah Cells Aluminum Case Positive?

Can you post a link to that post please?

Headlight bulbs use far more powerful LEDs than the typical 5 mm ones that draw 20 mA, and they use electronics to drive the LEDs as a resistor would be very wasteful, big, hot, etc... But I'm not sure what it has to do with what we're talking about initially?
Look at post #15 in this thread.

I see no mention of a 100 ohms resistor in that post.
Oops, yeah, that's the one that clarifies what kind of bulb was used. Post #49 here is the resistor test:

Thanks ;)

That's interesting, AFAIK it's the only time so far a leakage that high has been measured. But in any case it's far from a dead short, it's only leakage, so it doesn't change the conclusion that it's a good idea to have some insulator between the cells in addition to the factory plastic wrap but if there's ever a short between wo cells it will not be a dead short that can create a fire, etc...

Insulators between the cells is a good idea but even if the factory plastic wrap is broken there would not be a short circuit, because the charge of the cases would be the same charge either positive or negative, no short. The best thing is to keep an insulator between the cells.
Not sure I understand what you mean by "charge of the cases". It's not as if they are a big capacitor that will bleed off to zero. A 1v drop with a 100 ohm resistor implies the resistance is 220 ohms: (3.2v - 1v) / 0.1

Back