diy solar

diy solar

Lishen 272ah Prismatic Supplier

Kiltym

I have ordered batteries from a supplier I am not sure is used much here. They stated they would test my 4 cells for voltage, IR, and capacity. Here are the test results I was sent:

All seems ok to me. But IR in spec shows .12, and these show .14. Is this an issue, or not a big deal?

Thanks for the advice as I am new around here!

Attachments

• Polish_20210107_093600470.jpg
    Polish_20210107_093600470.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 61
This means they touched the cells with a meter. The capacity they are showing is almost assuredly wrong or fake unless they can tell you how they tested them. Most resellers are not set up to do capacity testing (if they even know how) and it would certainly cost extra. I would say "trust but verify", except I wouldn't trust these numbers at all.

Thanks.

I understand they use a meter to test IR. My question is the IR is off from spec and is this a huge deal, or not?

Regarding capacity, I asked what method they used and will see what they say. Obviously buying 272ah cells, that is all I expect. There have been various reports of Lishen showing higher capacity then spec however....

The meter most commonly used specifically states that 100AH or above, it is not accurate. I would not worry about that unless they were all wildly different.

The meter most commonly used specifically states that 100AH or above, it is not accurate. I would not worry about that unless they were all wildly different.
I wonder about the accuracy too and am curious how far off the IR is when using those meters to measure larger than 100 amp cells.

I wonder about the accuracy too and am curious how far off the IR is when using those meters to measure larger than 100 amp cells.
That's a good question for which I have no answer. But you are measuring milliohms, basically most wires are in that range (thus the four wire meter). Unless you want to run these at a full 280 or 272 amps continuously, you won't have any problems.

I went ahead with the order and wanted to let folks know what I ordered and at what cost.

4x 272ah Lishen cells. Matched via voltage, IR, and capacity (will confirm upon receipt, but if their data is false I will ask for refund. So far I have no reason not to believe them and their communication was been efficient and precise). Production date was 8/2020.

1x battery box EJ12-180: https://offer.alibaba.com/cps/qshjqhgl?bm=cps&src=saf&url=https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/BatteryQueen-12V-180AH-ABS-AGM-Lead_1600111036245.html

1x JBD 120A 4s BMS with Bluetooth module: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Total cost with shipping to AZ, USA: $500 (including ~$10 cc fee)

The company/supplier is Exliporc. The person I dealt with was Wendy Leung.

Hi, I'm curious if you have received the order and what your findings are. I am in contact with this factory because the will have Europe stock from March but as always with alibaba sellers I would love to see some results from previous buyers.

Yes, actually just received them last week. About 45 days.

All was good. Batteries are in perfect physical shape. Date code matches the manufacturing date they sent me prior to ordering. The box and BMS also arrived. Only one issue was the temp sensor was broken off the BMS circuit board upon opening. It was due to the packaging by the BMS manufacturer. Sent photos and explained everything to Wendy and they have shipped out a replacement express mail.

The busbars were multilayered thin copper with the "hump", which is what I wanted, and what they sent.

I have not had a chance to top balance and test the batteries yet, but so far I am happy with what was received and the customer support.

The only test I did was check voltage on the 4 cells, they were 3.298, 3.297, 3.298, 3.297.

Last edited:
yeah, their prices appear slightly better than basen $74 for 272ah lishen, $84 for 280ah eve, all with qr codes intact, brand new, while 87 for catl 310ah cells with qr codes scratched out

I've purchased 8 eve 280ah's from them, they will arrive around the 15th in their warehouse in France so I expect them at my door around the 20th. I will comment here around the end of March about the overall quality.

After 2 months, I just received 8 LF280 cells from Shenzhen Jidian Technology. They were "stated" as Grade A 280AH Lishen LF280. The QR code has only an image which scans to 08BCBPB1197111985A120330. Anyone know how to decipher? The BusBars and studs were missing. The Seller claims they are coming in a separate package. Surprisingly all cell read exactly the same voltage. I made some simple jumpers to top balance the cells, but I was short a few connects, but had enough to configure 2P4S for a quick test of the BMS. I started charging at 13.6V at 7A. They appear to be somewhat balanced as the cell voltages charge from 3.235V to 3.325V with a constant 5mV deltas throughout. The charging curve is still pretty flat here so things maybe different as the charge approaches capacity (~3.4V/cell).

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpeg
    IMG_0738.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0747.jpeg
    IMG_0747.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 13
After 2 months, I just received 8 LF280 cells from Shenzhen Jidian Technology. They were "stated" as Grade A 280AH Lishen LF280. The QR code has only an image which scans to 08BCBPB1197111985A120330. Anyone know how to decipher? The BusBars and studs were missing. The Seller claims they are coming in a separate package. Surprisingly all cell read exactly the same voltage. I made some simple jumpers to top balance the cells, but I was short a few connects, but had enough to configure 2P4S for a quick test of the BMS. I started charging at 13.6V at 7A. They appear to be somewhat balanced as the cell voltages charge from 3.235V to 3.325V with a constant 5mV deltas throughout. The charging curve is still pretty flat here so things maybe different as the charge approaches capacity (~3.4V/cell).
You of course understand that Lishen doesn't manufacture a 280AH cell, they do make a cell rated at 272AH.

I tend to stay away from vendors that are obviously "stretching the truth", who knows about any other claims they might make.

The Lishen cells routinely test above the Eve cells, so they are not inferior quality, so why lie in the description?

Back