diy solar

diy solar

Lishen 272AH thread?

I'm going to guess cutting off at 3 volts (as measure by a meter at the cell terminals, not at the cables or any other pieces of attached hardware) will net you about 5Ah less than actual capacity. So if you get 267, then I think you'd have a perfect 272Ah cell.

Thanks. I'm hoping these test out to 280ah since that is what I purchased.

On another topic my tester has the ability to run the battery test in Internal Resistance mode. Would that be helpful for anybody if I run that test for about 10 or 20 minutes on a battery that is at 50%? All my batteries are labeled IR .12 ohms.

Maybe just a coincidence but my voltages at specific ah removed under a 30ah load are tracking pretty close to the SOC voltage chart that people have been referencing on here.

70ah removed = 3.306 volts
90ah removed = 3.297 volts
115 ah removed = 3.284 volts
120ah removed = 3.281 volts

LFP Voltage Chart.jpg

I think so too but this is my first experience with LifeP04. If all this works out lead acid will never touch my solar system again.

The flat voltage curve is the best thing since sliced bread! Oh, and low voltage drop under load. Oh, and no peukert effect. Oh, and fast charging rates all the way to 100% ... Oh, and the weight and size. LOL

The flat voltage curve is the best thing since sliced bread! Oh, and low voltage drop under load. Oh, and no peukert effect. Oh, and fast charging rates all the way to 100% ... Oh, and the weight and size. LOL
I have experienced all of that in my short time with these batteries except the fast charging rates. But I suspect my 60a solar charger and 120a inverter charger will change that. Don't forget no battery acid in your lungs and eyes and on your clothes. Not watering and hydrometer use. No fretting about getting them to 100% SOC everyday. What the hell am I going to do with all my time :unsure:

Imagine what the wife would say if I maintained our Trojan L16s in the kitchen.

12.jpg

Last edited:
215ah removed at 3.237 volts

225ah removed at 3.226 volts

240ah removed at 3.198 volts

250ah removed at 3.172 volts

255ah removed at 3.160 volts

260ah removed at 3.147 volts

265ah removed at 3.128 volts

270ah removed at 3.094 volts

272ah removed at 3.072 volts

275ah removed at 3.022 volts

280ah removed at 2.894 volts

Last edited:
215ah removed at 3.237 volts

225ah removed at 3.226 volts

240ah removed at 3.198 volts

250ah removed at 3.172 volts

255ah removed at 3.160 volts

260ah removed at 3.147 volts

265ah removed at 3.128 volts

270ah removed at 3.094 volts

272ah removed at 3.072 volts

Why do I want to grab some graph paper and plot this data?

I’ve got to get out of the house ?

And the final at 2.5 volts is 287.199 ah removed

After a short rest voltage has rebounded to 2.841 and slowly rising. I'm starting to charge at 10 amps.

This test might be a few ah optimistic as the test shut down prior to 2.5 volts because of the voltage drop at the tester leads. Actual voltage was just under 3 volts. It took me about a minute to reconfigure the tester and start testing again. Voltage came up during that minute. But I am confident the cell is over 284ah

Last edited:

After a short rest voltage has rebounded to 2.841 and slowly rising. I'm starting to charge at 10 amps.

This test might be a few ah optimistic as the test shut down prior to 2.5 volts because of the voltage drop at the tester leads. Actual voltage was just under 3 volts. It took me about a minute to reconfigure the tester and start testing again. Voltage came up during that minute. But I am confident the cell is over 284ah
That's really good. Congratulations! Hopefully your other cells will do well and I have a feeling they will... ?

I have experienced all of that in my short time with these batteries except the fast charging rates. But I suspect my 60a solar charger and 120a inverter charger will change that. Don't forget no battery acid in your lungs and eyes and on your clothes. Not watering and hydrometer use. No fretting about getting them to 100% SOC everyday. What the hell am I going to do with all my time :unsure:

Imagine what the wife would say if I maintained our Trojan L16s in the kitchen.

View attachment 29050
How many times has your wife said "When are you getting that stuff out of my kitchen?"

Are they Lishen 272Ah cells you’re testing, or a larger size? I think you mentioned 280Ah, but I don’t believe Lishen make such a cell, so have you compared dimensions and weights of your cells with those shown on the 272Ah Lishen spec sheet to verify that’s what you have? If so, that’s quite an encouraging result.

@hammick Thanks for the testing your Lishen cell and sharing your results. I hope you will report back with some more testing so we can get an idea of how well your cells are matched. The suppliers that have tested the Lishen's are claiming above 280ah's. It appears their claims may be true. And the best part is they cost less than the EVE cells. The Lishen's could end up being the best value per watt hours. I think some more testing needs to be done but your result is encouraging.

Are they Lishen 272Ah cells you’re testing, or a larger size? I think you mentioned 280Ah, but I don’t believe Lishen make such a cell, so have you compared dimensions and weights of your cells with those shown on the 272Ah Lishen spec sheet to verify that’s what you have? If so, that’s quite an encouraging result.
Yes Lishen 272ah. I only mention 280ah since Basen where I bought them was supposed to send me the EVE 280ah cells.

Yes Lishen 272ah. I only mention 280ah since Basen where I bought them was supposed to send me the EVE 280ah cells.
That is good to know those 272Ah cell from Lishen from Basen tested good. I ordered them from Basen on Nov 3rd so they should be here sometime this month of December. BTW, what were the Voltages on those cells when you receive them? How long did it take you to top balance them since they are 272Ah, it must have taking a long time to charge them up to around 3.6V. What power supply and the current setting did you use during top balancing? I am learning and want to prepare myself for the test when I get my batteries, thanks.

What's you resting voltage? I've done an initial charge of 4 of my 12 cells yesterday. Now, after almost a day the voltage is still 3,6v. All other cells I've had in the past came down to around 3,2 3,2 volts at rest.
I've done my charge at 50 amps, but forget to turn the carger off, so it kept on charging until amps dropped to zero, and it seems that one cell has developped a very very slight bulge, only a mm or so..
Haven't had time to connect them in series and do a capacity check yet

Last edited:
Back