diy solar

diy solar

Lishen 272AH thread?

Just got my order in with Sheila at Basen for 60 - 280's. I was in the process of getting 272's from Amy and I had waited a few hours then Basen just got in a bunch of the EVE brand manufactured on the 22nd or 23rd of December. She even sent pics of the trailer loaded with batteries with shipping info directly on the pallets before they were unloaded. Probably the closest thing I felt to Christmas this holiday season. Amy had just got 100 and sold them in one day and got another 4 or 500 today. I didn't want to take a chance on missing them again. I have been waiting a long time.
Sheila is also sending me an assortment of Daly BMS's both standard and Smart versions. I want to try and tie them into some Schneider products. Heltec is sending over one 24s 2 amp active balancer and one other 5 amp 24s active balancer over to Basen so I don't have to incur extra shipping cost and headaches. Should help on the balancing part of things. I have hunted high and low for a 48v 300+ amp BMS. Honestly, I have about given up on that. I think I will just make my own low and high voltage disconnect for protecting the cells in the event my inverter doesn't perform correctly someday. In the meantime just check them occasionally with the balancer. Open for ideas on that as long as it's not Chargery. Hey if any of you are interested I figured out finally how to get the software from East Tester to work on their load testers. I was really impressed with it actually though I would be extremely embarrassed to ever admit how many hours it took me. You can fully automate the load tester and you don't have to use the control panel any longer at all, plus logging. What else is there? I have the ET5420 and just love it.
Amy contacted me just after my order was complete with Basen. I guess my patience got the best of me.
So for all you looking for Lishan 272's Amy has them right now. She said that they came unwrapped from the factory so a third party wrapped them and had some bubbles in the wrapping, but nothing to be concerned about.

Last edited:
Exactly! Cells do not come “unwrapped from the factory“. They may come from the factory with ”B grade“ or “returned product do not sell as new” written on them and with barcodes defaced - then it makes sense for a third party to rewrap them and sell in batches to resellers at 0.2USD/Ah...

Exactly! Cells do not come “unwrapped from the factory“. They may come from the factory with ”B grade“ or “returned product do not sell as new” written on them and with barcodes defaced - then it makes sense for a third party to rewrap them and sell in batches to resellers at 0.2USD/Ah...

New guy here, hello to all.

I've spend the last few days reading hundreds of threads here attempting to learn the ropes on buying quality A grade cells from China. Quoted above seems to lead to Amy not being the seller to buy from?

New guy here, hello to all.

I've spend the last few days reading hundreds of threads here attempting to learn the ropes on buying quality A grade cells from China. Quoted above seems to lead to Amy not being the seller to buy from?
I have no knowledge of Amy or her company, so please be assured I’m not criticising her or saying she’s not a reliable seller. But if you read around the forum, there are plenty of reasons to think the 270-280Ah cells which get sold in the $90-$100 price range are not A grade, whatever the resellers say. It does not mean they’re not great value for money or fit for the solar storage application.

I purchased eve from basen, they sent lishens without any agency to object. They said they would refund the monetary difference, they send a PayPal that deducted a few dollars from my refund for the transaction... PayPal required a tracking number to relinquish the funds... Sheila said to use the tracking number they provided me... now I just have to wait the 40 days until my batteries show up to get the money off hold... which brings me to the listing saying 30 days delivery, Sheila said 40to45 after shipping and that was only counting weekdays.... Now thinking I am not getting grade a cells is very frustrating..... f 2020

I'm sure many of you have been through the all night ordering process with China one or more times. If you haven't you are in for a treat.

I need to clarify something in Amy's behalf. I have followed her on this forum for a long time and a few others where she is mentioned. I did not mean to say anything negative about her or the products she sells. I really appreciated her honesty where others may have not passed on the information and the client would suffer. If I was going to recommend who to use as your sales rep for buying these types of batteries in China to a new buyer it would be Amy on the top of the list. This is not an easy process and there is always a lot of chance no matter what company you use but having someone with integrity and good communication skills makes the process much easier.

So rather than posting something as I did in the early AM I'm going to provide you with what she said exactly.

1. When this batch of Lishen 272AH was sent out from the manufacturer, there was no skin. These skins were pasted by our suppliers themselves, and there might be some wrinkles or very small bubbles on the appearance. Don't worry, this does not affect the quality of the battery at all. But I must tell you this in advance.

2. The price of this batch of 272AH has rised. If you need 60pcs,$75.5/piece

3. Sorry, we do not accept Papay for the time being. CC is OK. Don't worry, I could reserve these batteries for you.

Wire transfer is also ok,we will wait.

My apologies for using the term "3rd party" It was late. Thumbs up to Amy and her honesty!

1. When this batch of Lishen 272AH was sent out from the manufacturer, there was no skin. These skins were pasted by our suppliers themselves, and there might be some wrinkles or very small bubbles on the appearance. Don't worry, this does not affect the quality of the battery at all. But I must tell you this in advance.
I was told the same thing from a different supplier months ago regarding the Lishen 202AH cells. Those cells come with the studs spot welded and the supplier told me they spot weld the studs themselves. Between that and the IR readings being way off, I passed on them.

I need to clarify something in Amy's behalf

Very neat!!! I think since I am compressing my cells I am going to space them with the 1/2 inch FOAMULAR XPS and not only trust the thin blue film. The foam board has a psi of 15 so ot should hold up, I think

Last edited:
I did not realize some/all prismatic cell cases have a polarity. When building any type of series, or combination series and parallel this could cause very dangerous issues. The plastic is very thin and you have no way of knowing the quality of the plastic used. Many plastics that are flexible with adhesive do break down over the years. I would think that the cycling of the batteries even under compression would have some form of miner friction which could create wear issues. If some of these batteries we purchase are wrapped by the reseller it is likely they would not use the same quality wrap as the manufacturer to reduce cost.
BTW, great vid and impressive welder.

Amy asked if she could do some research for me even though my purchase was not from her. Some of the information she provided me was confidential and that will be left that way. I can tell you her agenda is for the buyer and she will tell you anything and everything she can so you can make an informed decision, even when you are purchasing from a competitor. Her insight was very beneficial.

Note: I was told that all new EVE cells like we are buying are manufactured without threaded holes or terminal studs. It may be the same for Lishen as well. They come flat and the seller drills and taps them, or laser welds studs on them based upon their ability and their client's needs. So it's an option in some cases for the buyer to choose.

I did not realize some/all prismatic cell cases have a polarity. When building any type of series, or combination series and parallel this could cause very dangerous issues.
It's been confirmed at least with the EVE cells it's leakage and is nothing to be concerned about. I would think if the aluminum case was tied to one of the terminals, the manufacturer would have to make a note of it in their spec sheet. I can't comment on the cells Big Battery is using. Anyone have a spec sheet for those?

Note: I was told that all new EVE cells like we are buying are manufactured without threaded holes or terminal studs. It may be the same for Lishen as well. They come flat and the seller drills and taps them, or laser welds studs on them based upon their ability and their client's needs. So it's an option in some cases for the buyer to choose.
One of the EVE spec sheets I reference notes the hole is already drilled and tapped with 6mm threads. The other spec sheet I reference makes no mention of it.

Maybe the suppliers get them cheaper if they tap the holes themselves. Some of us have noticed the screws have more play in them than normal when threaded into the hole. This is another good reason to use a thread locker and grub screws. And not to torque more than 4.5nm.

I can't comment on the cells Big Battery is using. Anyone have a spec sheet for those?
The video mentioned Lishen. I did find a few random things stating the same but manufacturers were not listed. Leakage would make sense because any polarity would be dangerous. I guess not in the case if you were only in parallel. Just tear off the plastic and now you have over 50 square inches of contact area. Ha! Very interested to see what others know about this topic.

The video mentioned Lishen. I did find a few random things stating the same but manufacturers were not listed. Leakage would make sense because any polarity would be dangerous. I guess not in the case if you were only in parallel. Just tear off the plastic and now you have over 50 square inches of contact area. Ha! Very interested to see what others know about this topic.
Well it appears with the Lishen's it's more than leakage. I started a new thread concerning this.

onlinemetals.com is the best place I have found for copper bar. https://www.onlinemetals.com/en/buy/copper-rectangle-bar
If you know of a better source, please let us know.
I've been using McMaster-Carr, they have a very good selection and shipping to me is almost next day (Los Angeles to Phoenix).
What I've gotten for my Eve 280AH cells:
Multipurpose 110 Copper Bar with Rounded Edges, 3/16" Thick, 3/4" Wide

Not sure how it compares with pricing and shipping to online metals, but I'm very satisfied.

Be aware, that in my experience ordering those testers from Amazon, they still ship it from China. So for half the price ($30 each including shipping), just order from China. Buying from Atorch, they cost me $31.44 each (including shipping). They ship each in a separate box, so apparently you can't save anything on shipping by ordering multiples.
Atorch link, not sponsored or anything like that.

Just got my order in with Sheila at Basen for 60 - 280's. I was in the process of getting 272's from Amy and I had waited a few hours then Basen just got in a bunch of the EVE brand manufactured on the 22nd or 23rd of December. She even sent pics of the trailer loaded with batteries with shipping info directly on the pallets before they were unloaded. Probably the closest thing I felt to Christmas this holiday season. Amy had just got 100 and sold them in one day and got another 4 or 500 today. I didn't want to take a chance on missing them again. I have been waiting a long time.
Sheila is also sending me an assortment of Daly BMS's both standard and Smart versions. I want to try and tie them into some Schneider products. Heltec is sending over one 24s 2 amp active balancer and one other 5 amp 24s active balancer over to Basen so I don't have to incur extra shipping cost and headaches. Should help on the balancing part of things. I have hunted high and low for a 48v 300+ amp BMS. Honestly, I have about given up on that. I think I will just make my own low and high voltage disconnect for protecting the cells in the event my inverter doesn't perform correctly someday. In the meantime just check them occasionally with the balancer. Open for ideas on that as long as it's not Chargery. Hey if any of you are interested I figured out finally how to get the software from East Tester to work on their load testers. I was really impressed with it actually though I would be extremely embarrassed to ever admit how many hours it took me. You can fully automate the load tester and you don't have to use the control panel any longer at all, plus logging. What else is there? I have the ET5420 and just love it.
Amy contacted me just after my order was complete with Basen. I guess my patience got the best of me.
So for all you looking for Lishan 272's Amy has them right now. She said that they came unwrapped from the factory so a third party wrapped them and had some bubbles in the wrapping, but nothing to be concerned about.
I would love to have the details about working with the software for the ET5420, I see it for a good price with reasonable shipping times here:

I'm actually more interested in the ET5410, but I am sure the interface and software would be similar.

Last edited:
Back