diy solar

diy solar

Lishen 272AH thread?

nebulight

Solar Enthusiast
It looks like a lot of sellers are now going to be replacing their EVE listings with Lishen. I've asked Emily from Shenzhen Basen Technology for spec sheets on them so they can compare to EVE. I'm mainly curious about the mounting threads. I've seen some other aluminum cased cells with odd terminals.

Anyone have anything yet?

Thanks. So in that thread, I don't see a comparison photo with the Lishen. The spec sheet looks like terminals from the ETC but vent of the EVE/CATL. But the spec sheet was helpful as it's not some odd terminal, thank you!

I'm adding the attachment and photos here as well in case anyone searches and finds this thread.

1601509936512.png1601509925064.png

Attachments

• ac348840cb89e9ae989d313c2d5ce682.pdf
    263.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Under the photo with red circles, photos #2 and #3 are Lishen 280 cells provided by Senberry

oops, I'll see myself out.

giphy-downsized.gif

I bought some Lishen 202AH cells from an Ebay vendor in July. Internal Resistance spec is more than proportionally higher than the 280 AH Eve cells, but still plenty low for my application. The pack I built is working well for me, no complaints. Of course this is my first LiFePO4 pack build, so I don't have anything to compare to except I know it beats the socks off my old lead acid golf cart batteries.

Since I can't read that PDF... how much do these weigh?
Should I try to get EVEs over Lishen?

Since I can't read that PDF... how much do these weigh?
Should I try to get EVEs over Lishen?
Try this one. It's a little easier to read.. :)

Attachments

• Lishen 272ah battery date sheet.pdf
    207.9 KB · Views: 290
Yeah, Amy said they are out of stock of Eve cells, and the Lishen cells are 272ah, not 280ah and slightly cheaper as well.

Shenzen basen appears to still have Eve cells

Here ya go. Just completed a purchase not 5 minutes ago for 4, 280ah cells $400 shipped. Not bad.

Edit: I'm dumb, didn't even read the .pdf name in post #8. My bad! FYI, my contact today was Sheila Chou at Shenzhen Based Technology, through Alibaba. Everything went well. I actually have never had a problem with Aliexpress or Alibaba. Kinda crazy. It's good stuff with no more or less risk of getting a dud than purchasing from anywhere else in the world. I love it!

Attachments

• Lishen 272ah LiFePo4 battery datasheet.pdf
    207.9 KB · Views: 108
I'm adding the attachment and photos here as well in case anyone searches and finds this thread.
Those are some sexy cells! Looking forward to receiving mine. 280ah LFP run parallel with 120ah LTO in the back seat of my Nissan Maxima. Stereo powerplant from hell! Run block party music all night without starting the car!

I started my capacity testing of one of my Lishen 272ah cells a few minutes ago. Using an ET5410 tester. Discharge rate of 30 amps. Cutoff voltage of 2.5 volts. I may have to run two tests and add them together since my ET5410 is reading 1/2 volt under my Klein meter when under a 30a load (I can't adjust the cutoff voltage when a test is running). I assume the Klein meter is accurate since it matches my Long Wei power supply and the ET5410 is reading 2.795 volts with only 6 amps removed. Klein meter is reading 3.310 volts

Assuming I get over 272ah this test should take over 9 hours.

UPDATE: Just over two hours into test and voltage holding at 3.309 volts. 62ah taken out. Tester is reading .47 volts lower than my Klein meter at this point. My Trojans would be sagging big time.

10.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE: Just over two hours into test and voltage holding at 3.309 volts. 62ah taken out. Tester is reading .47 volts lower than my Klein meter at this point. My Trojans would be sagging big time.
It's voltage drop and was to be expected as I pointed out to you in your other thread. It's really hard to get away from at these low voltages. But anyways, that looks like a much better tester than the common ones recommended, but it is more expensive. I like it.

It's voltage drop and was to be expected as I pointed out to you in your other thread. It's really hard to get away from at these low voltages. But anyways, that looks like a much better tester than the common ones recommended, but it is more expensive. I like it.
So do you think the voltage of the tester will even out with my Klein as I get close to the bottom knee or is the tester going to shut down above 2.5 volts? I'm guessing there is no way for a tester to have accurate voltage under load without sense leads?

So do you think the voltage of the tester will even out with my Klein as I get close to the bottom knee or is the tester going to shut down above 2.5 volts? I'm guessing there is no way for a tester to have accurate voltage under load without sense leads?
@cinergi noticed the same behavior when he was capacity testing his cells. He is using the more common capacity tester and as I recall he was able to adjust the voltage of the tester while the test was running. Since the amps will not change I don't think voltages will even out. But we should still be able to get a good idea of capacity if the tester cuts off when the voltage at the cell terminals is 3 volts.

Let's see what you have at that point. As you said you can reset the tester and run the cell voltage down to 2.5 volts. And it won't take long to get there so watch it like a hawk...as they say.

@cinergi noticed the same behavior when he was capacity testing his cells. He is using the more common capacity tester and as I recall he was able to adjust the voltage of the tester while the test was running. Since the amps will not change I don't think voltages will even out. But we should still be able to get a good idea of capacity if the tester cuts off when the voltage at the cell terminals is 3 volts.

Let's see what you have at that point. As you said you can reset the tester and run the cell voltage down to 2.5 volts. And it won't take long to get there so watch it like a hawk...as they say.
Thanks. If I'm close to 272ah at 3 volts I'll probably call it good. I'd be more comfortable not taking it down to 2.5 unless of course you guys talk me into it.

In my configuration with the length of 12 gauge wires (I think it's 12) I have, running at 15 amps, the voltage drop is such that if I set the tester to terminate at 2.2v, the cells will be just above 2.5. I had to experiment my way to that point so do not copy my settings on that as your cables and whatnot will be different than mine.
Running the cell down to 2.5 (especially as a setting on the tester, because it already sees a lower voltage than reality) is fine. I always attended my tests until I became comfortable that the tester would do the right thing (I trust nothing lol).

Thanks. If I'm close to 272ah at 3 volts I'll probably call it good. I'd be more comfortable not taking it down to 2.5 unless of course you guys talk me into it.

I'm going to guess cutting off at 3 volts (as measure by a meter at the cell terminals, not at the cables or any other pieces of attached hardware) will net you about 5Ah less than actual capacity. So if you get 267, then I think you'd have a perfect 272Ah cell.

Back