diy solar

diy solar

Lishen 272AH thread?

I have Lishen 280Ah cells likely the exact same as 272Ah ones that are supposed to do 285Ah. they have M6 set screws that use a 3mm hex key to tighten into place, they came with bus bars and serrated flange nuts also 16mm x M6. I am almost positive none are M4 as M6 is only like 1/4 inch diameter anyway. they are small. the set screws are also referred to as grub screws. mine set screws were a little short for thicker lugs so I ordered some longer stainless steel 25mm and 30mm M6 grub screws.
Here is a link to the 25mm long set screw/grub screws I ordered for mine, works well (they have other lengths as well).
Stainless Steel Flat-Tip Set Screw - McMaster-Carr

Be aware, that in my experience ordering those testers from Amazon, they still ship it from China. So for half the price ($30 each including shipping), just order from China. Buying from Atorch, they cost me $31.44 each (including shipping). They ship each in a separate box, so apparently you can't save anything on shipping by ordering multiples.
Atorch link, not sponsored or anything like that.
I got this one from same place: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32821877897.html?
It blew up the MOSFET when I set to 20A during testing of one cell, luckily I have MOSFET for replacement. So right now I set it to 15A max.

Just finished with a capacitytest of a 4S pack from Lishen.
The test started on 3.46V (13.84V) resting voltage and ended on 2.725 (10.9V) under load. Lowest cell was 2.68V and the rest around 2.74V. They follow eachother good until 2.8V, then one cell started to drop faster than the others.
For the test I used the busbars and screws you came with the shipment.
Attached a 600W inverter with a workinglamp drawing ~33A.
It`s probably some few extra Ah in the bank. I didnt want to risk anything so I turned of the inverter when the alarm sounded at 10.9V.
The BMS I used for the test was a dumb Daly 4S 60A BMS, since my Heyo 250A BT BMS got killed when I mixed up the polarity (hate the colorcoding on these cells).
All in all I am happy with the result. Have another pack topbalancing now, so will run the same test on that when its done.
Have also order 2xHeyo BMSs.. My setup in the boat will be 2 separate batteries on 272ah@12v.

Attachments

• 20210107_142846.jpg
    20210107_142846.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 27
That's fine, but I would clean and polish every bushbar and pole, because your internal resitance could be a little lower I think.

I doubt that type of meter is going to be accurate. The suppliers use a tester like this one to measure the IR and some one this forum use them and have found them to work well.

I doubt that type of meter is going to be accurate. The suppliers use a tester like this one to measure the IR and some one this forum use them and have found them to work well.
I have the yr1035+, the manual states the IR measurement is not accurate for cells above 100AH, not surprising since the meter is actually designed/intended for the 18650 cells. That's why I said, I doubt the numbers they supplied are accurate.

32 Lishen 272Ah cells now with FedEx as of yesterday so I should receive this week hopefully. I ordered these on November 18th, 2020. they arrived at the port in Long Beach, California on the 22nd of December 2020. the backlog at the ports and slow to get unloaded and clear customs is terrible during the holidays Xmas and New Year both slow this process.

32 Lishen 272Ah cells now with FedEx as of yesterday so I should receive this week hopefully. I ordered these on November 18th, 2020. they arrived at the port in Long Beach, California on the 22nd of December 2020. the backlog at the ports and slow to get unloaded and clear customs is terrible during the holidays Xmas and New Year both slow this process.
this order of 32 Lishen cells is arriving Thursday January 14th, 2021, by end of the day via FedEx. so 57 days total delivery but they arrived at the port in long beach California on December 22nd so the boat unloading backlog and custom clearing is the slower part.

this order of 32 Lishen cells is arriving Thursday January 14th, 2021, by end of the day via FedEx. so 57 days total delivery but they arrived at the port in long beach California on December 22nd so the boat unloading backlog and custom clearing is the slower part.
When you think about it, 57 days via slow boat from China isn't that bad during the Christmas rush. About two weeks longer than normal I think.

My batteries sat at customs for 13 days before they are released to FEDEX, so 57 days is not too bad, it would be shorter if the customs was not so backup. The batteries were shipped on the Nov 8th, arrive at LA port on the Dec13th, so that is pretty good.

Curious how you're able to check when your batteries are arriving at the US port.

Curious how you're able to check when your batteries are arriving at the US port.
I asked my vendor. Who provided ship tracking. The tracking showed the ships arrival. The vendor projected they would arrive on December 21st. They arrived at port on December 22nd. They are due here in South Dakota today. FedEx sent me notice on Sunday and I have been tracking with FedEx. My vendor sent me copies of the FedEx labels back in November and again when I questioned further. This vendor was very attentive. If all goes well today I will recommend them.

That worked great. Reached out to my seller (Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan - who is great BTW) and was able to get the ship info for my cells. Expected in Long Beach on 1/26!

Hi Michael, I think our batteries must have been on the same boat. Did you order through Basen? I ordered 16, received 4 yesterday and the remaining 12 today. Once you've had a chance to inspect your cells, would you mind commenting on the condition? 6 of my cells arrived with heavy corrosion on the aluminum foil under the 'vent cap'. On all of those 6 cells, the QR codes were either partially or completely scratched off.

There's photos on my build thread: Lishen Build Thread

I bought some Lishen 202AH cells from an Ebay vendor in July. Internal Resistance spec is more than proportionally higher than the 280 AH Eve cells, but still plenty low for my application. The pack I built is working well for me, no complaints. Of course this is my first LiFePO4 pack build, so I don't have anything to compare to except I know it beats the socks off my old lead acid golf cart batteries.
I just ordered 32 200 ah lishen cells from alibaba.how did your capacity compare to ratings .this is my first order from China just hope I get what I paid for bought mine from shenzhen shouhuzhe energy was going to buy 272ah they were out and I got a really good qoute of 47.00 cell so that's what I'm building 2 sets of 16s

Hi Michael, I think our batteries must have been on the same boat. Did you order through Basen? I ordered 16, received 4 yesterday and the remaining 12 today. Once you've had a chance to inspect your cells, would you mind commenting on the condition? 6 of my cells arrived with heavy corrosion on the aluminum foil under the 'vent cap'. On all of those 6 cells, the QR codes were either partially or completely scratched off.

There's photos on my build thread: Lishen Build Thread
mine were supposed to arrive Thursday; but due to midwest blizzard conditions, they finally all arrived on Sunday January 17th, 2021 morning at 920am. but they are all here. i unpacked them and started paralleling them together for top-balancing. all cells in perfect condition. no problems with scratched off codes or any nonsense like that. 272Ah Lishen 3.2 volt cells order of 32cells paid on November 18th, 2020.

mine were supposed to arrive Thursday; but due to midwest blizzard conditions, they finally all arrived on Sunday January 17th, 2021 morning at 920am. but they are all here. i unpacked them and started paralleling them together for top-balancing. all cells in perfect condition. no problems with scratched off codes or any nonsense like that. 272Ah Lishen 3.2 volt cells order of 32cells paid on November 18th, 2020.
Well, that's good news. Hopefully all the other cells sent were similar, and only the one batch is used and bogus.

Back