diy solar

diy solar

Lishen Terminal Screws

Rabbit

I recently bought a set of 16 of the very common 280ah Lishen cells (from SoonBuy, one of Will's favored suppliers), but for budgetary reasons I made multiple orders instead of buying them all at once. My first set of four cells made it here in perfect condition, but the second lacked all hardware-- the busbars and terminal bolts are missing. (The last eight cells haven't arrived yet.) While I've located a source of busbars, so far every M6 bolt I've been able to find won't thread properly. They go in a few turns (I'm being extremely gentle-- fingertips only and and almost no effort), then start to bind. For obvious reasons, I'm not going to try to force them.

Can someone please link me to a source of terminal bolts (or studs and nuts or whatever) that is known to work? I'd be very grateful. SoonBuy hasn't responded to my inquiry, and if possible I'd rather just purchase what I need than attempt to argue over something so cheap across both the wide Pacific and an even wider language barrier.

Thanks!

They should be M6-1.0 (1.0mm thread pitch). Just a note, my cells look like the EVE 280Ah cell, not Lishen, but I would think they might be standard size.

You first could go to Home Depot, and buy a M6-1.0 bolt for a test fit, so you at least confirm what it is. They do sell thread pitch gauges which can check any bolt thread and tell you the pitch.

Bolts I used (I think I went with 25mm long):

Nuts I used:

When I need an odd bolt or nut, I head to my local Ace Hardware. They have just about every thread size and pitch. They may not have every material type though. Aluminum bolts for example are very hard to come by. Stainless steel is definitely available at my local store.

Take a cell in with you to the store. No big deal doing that. It guarantees that you find the right bolt.

When I need an odd bolt or nut, I head to my local Ace Hardware. They have just about every thread size and pitch. They may not have every material type though. Aluminum bolts for example are very hard to come by. Stainless steel is definitely available at my local store.

Take a cell in with you to the store. No big deal doing that. It guarantees that you find the right bolt.
Thank you very much!

Back