diy solar

diy solar

LISUATELI 12V low charging protection

Sadie04074

I found this battery company on Amazon. I asked them about their claimed low temperature charging protections because their Amazon blurb seemed not straight forward to me. I basically asked in 2 separate questions if it had BMS low temp protection at 0 C or if it has a built in heater. This is their response. Does it make any sense to those more knowledgeable than me?https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx1E77EFLXAVW6V/ref=ask_dp_dpmw_al_hza
Answer:
"Dear customer, thank you for your question. Our battery has a built-in BMS protection board to prevent the charging and discharging temperature from being too high or too low. Charging temperature detection temperature: 55°C, charging overheating protection hysteresis temperature: 50°C, discharging overheating detection temperature: 95°C, discharging overheating protection release hysteresis temperature: 80°C, charging low temperature detection temperature: -10°C, charging The release hysteresis temperature of low-temperature protection is -5°C, the release hysteresis temperature of low-temperature discharge detection is -30°C, and the release hysteresis temperature of discharge low-temperature protection is -25°C, because the low-temperature detection temperature of charging is -10°C. When the low temperature weather is 0 to -10°C, the battery will be charged with a small current when charging starts, and the battery will start slowly. After the battery is slowly heated, it will be charged with a normal current to ensure that the battery can avoid damage at low temperatures. Below -10°C, the BMS battery will stop charging to fully protect the battery. You can only charge the battery indoors to solve the use of special weather. The discharge limit temperature is -25°C. Thank you, below -25°C When the battery will stop discharging to protect the battery, thank you"

It seems like they're using some tricks to avoid heating the Cells with a cell-heater (resistive wire?).
Once the cell-temp drops down between 0 and -10 C, the BMS will charge at low current.
They say that (low current charging) will slowly heat up the Cells, and allowing for faster charging.

Once the Cell temp-sensor drops below -10 C, the BMS won't charge at all.
But, you can still discharge it all the way down to -25 C.
That cold battery needs to be warmed up to -5 C (indoors etc) before it will start the Low current charging (warm-up cycle).

I don't plan to use a 12V battery in the frozen outdoors, but I'm still interested in buying this one.
Just in case of a winter emergency. It does get pretty cold north of Boston these days.
My newer Mini-Split works down to -20 F. My old one starts to fail at 8 F, and it's failed many times..

Last edited:
It seems like they're using some tricks to avoid heating the Cells with a cell-heater (resistive wire?).
Once the cell-temp drops down between 0 and -10 C, the BMS will charge at low current.
They say that (low current charging) will slowly heat up the Cells, and allowing for faster charging.

Once the Cell temp-sensor drops below -10 C, the BMS won't charge at all.
But, you can still discharge it all the way down to -25 C.
That cold battery needs to be warmed up to -5 C (indoors etc) before it will start the Low current charging (warm-up cycle).

I don't plan to use a 12V battery in the frozen outdoors, but I'm still interested in buying this one.
Just in case of a winter emergency. It does get pretty cold north of Boston these days.
My newer Mini-Split works down to -20 F. My old one starts to fail at 8 F, and it's failed many times..
Richard, Did you ever buy this battery? If not what did you get? I'm in Maine looking to upgrade to LiFePo4 that will be reliable in Northern New England weather and a realistic price. Thank you in advance!

I found this battery company on Amazon. I asked them about their claimed low temperature charging protections because their Amazon blurb seemed not straight forward to me. I basically asked in 2 separate questions if it had BMS low temp protection at 0 C or if it has a built in heater. This is their response. Does it make any sense to those more knowledgeable than me?https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx1E77EFLXAVW6V/ref=ask_dp_dpmw_al_hza
Answer:
"Dear customer, thank you for your question. Our battery has a built-in BMS protection board to prevent the charging and discharging temperature from being too high or too low. Charging temperature detection temperature: 55°C, charging overheating protection hysteresis temperature: 50°C, discharging overheating detection temperature: 95°C, discharging overheating protection release hysteresis temperature: 80°C, charging low temperature detection temperature: -10°C, charging The release hysteresis temperature of low-temperature protection is -5°C, the release hysteresis temperature of low-temperature discharge detection is -30°C, and the release hysteresis temperature of discharge low-temperature protection is -25°C, because the low-temperature detection temperature of charging is -10°C. When the low temperature weather is 0 to -10°C, the battery will be charged with a small current when charging starts, and the battery will start slowly. After the battery is slowly heated, it will be charged with a normal current to ensure that the battery can avoid damage at low temperatures. Below -10°C, the BMS battery will stop charging to fully protect the battery. You can only charge the battery indoors to solve the use of special weather. The discharge limit temperature is -25°C. Thank you, below -25°C When the battery will stop discharging to protect the battery, thank you"
Sadie, Did you ever buy this battery? If not what did you get? I'm in Maine looking to upgrade to LiFePo4 that will be reliable in Northern New England weather and a realistic price. Thank you in advance!

Richard, Did you ever buy this battery? If not what did you get? I'm in Maine looking to upgrade to LiFePo4 that will be reliable in Northern New England weather and a realistic price. Thank you in advance!
No I didn't get that one. The one I got has a low temperature Charging shut-off at 32F. Which I have not really tested. It's running a back-up diesel heater in my basement, which stays above 40F all winter (Geothermal slab maybe?).
Even with the recent cold snap.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QM42WNY/ Got it Jan 23, 2022, So its been working fine for a year now.
The price was pretty good, it's 10 bucks more now. My other 12V 100ah battery doesn't have a Charge cut-off when it's below 32F. So, it's going to remain indoors during the winter.

No I didn't get that one. The one I got has a low temperature Charging shut-off at 32F. Which I have not really tested. It's running a back-up diesel heater in my basement, which stays above 40F all winter (Geothermal slab maybe?).
Even with the recent cold snap.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QM42WNY/ Got it Jan 23, 2022, So its been working fine for a year now.
The price was pretty good, it's 10 bucks more now. My other 12V 100ah battery doesn't have a Charge cut-off when it's below 32F. So, it's going to remain indoors during the winter.
Thank you Richard for the reply! Glad to hear your choice of battery is working well for you.

Back