diy solar

diy solar

Lithium Battery Pack EXPLOSION Caught on Camera!!

One of the reasons why I prefer LiFePO4.

Also one of the reasons why I don't recommend some 'solar generators' like a Jackery. I just don't want these chemistries in my van.

However they are becoming more popular, since their marketing is doing a great job... But from a technical/safety/quality/long-time-reliabilty) a dedicated LFP set with proper components is way better.

honourable to be concerned with forest fire.
NOT honourable to be sending your kids to check the tree, and then adding text caption i feel like taking cover, while your kids are 'ducking' to avoid getting hit with shrapnel.
i guess thanks for sharing, but i'd be more worried about sending kids into the firing range.

how much you want to bet this was sold on amazon?
Luckily no one got hurt.
Dang,

Me wonder if it was purchased form amazon from some seller in China that don't care what they put in the pack.

On side note... I was trying to watch but his WOO WOO WOO... was too much.

Dumped water on a failed lithium battery. Doesn't surprise me.

I missed where he said he dumped water on it? I know that using the water bottle as a tool may have resulted in incidental water exposure, but the failure was well under way before possible h²o exposure.

I missed where he said he dumped water on it? I know that using the water bottle as a tool may have resulted in incidental water exposure, but the failure was well under way before possible h²o exposure.
The addition of water is what most likely set off the grenading.

What should have occurred was pulling the pack out of the truck without water added. Let the pack do it's thing. Adding water adds "fuel to the fire" and that is why the complete pack self destructed.

I must say, I think their response was appropriate. Everyone seemed to have retreated to a fairly safe distance, but mitigation was REQUIRED. If that happened where I am currently camping, it WOULD have potentially started a very serious brush fire, and brush fires in conifer forests are VERY serious. Simply dropping everything and leaving the area would have been a very bad decision. There were other campers, possibly in tents, possibly napping. Possibly children. They remained near the incident, and made sure to warn anyone nearby. I have several fire extinguishers. One in the cab, one in the cargo area. One near the kitchen. This is the only point I could fault them on. If they had had an extinguisher, but the guy kept filming, then I might blame him, but he was coordinating a response, even while filming. There was little else he could do at that point. I also have a shovel, and would have been attempting to bury that thing, but without a shovel or extinguisher, he was mostly helpless.

The addition of water is what most likely set off the grenading.

What should have occurred was pulling the pack out of the truck without water added. Let the pack do it's thing. Adding water adds "fuel to the fire" and that is why the complete pack self destructed.
Again, I did not hear them say they 'dumped' water on it. The leaking bottle may have applied a very small amount of water, but there's no way of knowing how significant it was. There's no liquid water on the tailgate, and no puddle on the ground, so I don't think they even had time to consider dumping water on it. I just watched the whole vid again.

Back