diy solar

diy solar

Lithium battery recommendations

adkroot

I need to replace my current fla battery set and am interested in having a look at lithium batteries for a replacement. Are there any recommendations for manufacturers of lithium batteries for off-grid solar use with a good track record and customer service? Relion was recommended to me but after trying to conctact them for several days it became apparent that if I can't even get a call back they might not be the most reliable choice. Thanks

Will recommends these:

Of those listed, Battleborn is the only one that will achieve a medium to high level of customer support.

If you want good customer service for a custom spec imported LiFePo4 try calling ReBel batteries, they are located in Texas, mostly a one man show, but he does answer the phone and is happy to provide support. Be aware they like many others are low on inventory at the moment.

If you want good customer service for a custom spec imported LiFePo4 try calling ReBel batteries, they are located in Texas, mostly a one man show, but he does answer the phone and is happy to provide support. Be aware they like many others are low on inventory at the moment.

Watts247 and Overkill are also one-man-shows, and due to their success, they do not always provide top notch service. They WILL eventually get back with you, but it might take one reaching out a few times, and the OP does not regard that as acceptable customer service.

Are you affiliated with ReBel?

Just as a customer, who has called them a couple of times, I ordered a pair of batteries through their ebay store where they sell refurbished, damaged, returned, irregular batteries at the time they were selling some discounted irregular, not built to spec batteries last month, maybe month before last now (wrong bluetooth switch installed, not waterproof, etc. but still covered under full warranty), and the owner even called before shipping to confirm my address was correct as it came through listed a bit odd from ebay. In my experience he is willing to take the time to talk about issues, one of my calls was regarding one of the BMS settings (overcurrent?) in the bluetooth app looking wrong, he not only took the time to answer and have me read back some information, he went on to explain that the older version of the app I downloaded off the internet had a bug which misreports this setting, and texted me a link to the latest version of the app. Overall I get the impression that he really cares that the customer is happy.

I am also interested in learning more about LiFePo4 batteries. Im also on FLA batteries and for the price I am not sure why one would switch but am pretty unfamiliar with newer battery technology for full off grid

I need to replace my current fla battery set and am interested in having a look at lithium batteries for a replacement. Are there any recommendations for manufacturers of lithium batteries for off-grid solar use with a good track record and customer service? Relion was recommended to me but after trying to conctact them for several days it became apparent that if I can't even get a call back they might not be the most reliable choice. Thanks
Are you wanting complete batteries or cells so you can make your own?

Are you wanting complete batteries or cells so you can make your own?
That's the question I'm struggling with at the moment. I've just begun to inform myself about LiFePo4 batteries and was immediately confronted with the possibility of building cells, which has an enormous appeal, financially speaking. The installer I've worked with in the past uses Relion drop in replacements, but if I can build my own I'd like to, although I'm not certain I have the time to bone up on the process - my fla set is due for replacement.
I am a builder with some electrical experience, but I also don't want to risk getting in over my head with a process that's entirely new to me. I've also left bank replacement and all that entails to my installer in the past, so that process is new to me as well,
although it's probably time to be in control of it all.

I'm noticing that I should've posted my original question in the General Battery discussion. Not sure how or if I can even move it there.

I'm noticing that I should've posted my original question in the General Battery discussion. Not sure how or if I can even move it there.
It’s not hard to build your own.
I will help you as much as I can but there are many videos and forum that show you how.

Working on my first pack myself rn, ordered 52 cells from China direct, a 250A BMS, and some lug connectors. I took 8 of them for immediate capacity gratification and the other 44 are at a grid connected friend's house getting a cycle test to verify I didnt get ripped off. So far so good.

Back