diy solar

diy solar

Lithium battery safe for use in a boat?

Eric223

I am looking for suggestions for a 50- 100ah pre-manufactured lithium battery that would be safe for use as a trolling battery in a boat or canoe. Thanks.

I have looked thru several pages of them and didn't find any just lots of diy batteries.

The Battleborn batteries are the top of the heap and have a 10 year warranty. It seems hard to beat.

I just got down working on a van install with Renogy LiFePO4 100ah batteries. They looked pretty nice, especially the terminal bolts which were far beefier than the DIY cells.

Growatt

Valence batteries (plenty searchable here)

Victron a top name in SCC's and electronics:

This is a DIY forum with a fairly high emphasis on LiFePO4 cells. Wish i had more info to share.

There are quite a few LiFePO4 batteries on Alibaba and Aliexpress.

lithium battery that would be safe for use as a trolling battery in a boat or canoe.
And to come full circle and actually answer your question (shocker!), the newer LiFePO4 batteries are NOT the explody batteries like lithium polymer (LiPo) and the original lithium ion (Li-ion) made famous by early implementations in laptops, phones and vape pens (among other uses).

Anything LiFePO4 is a pretty safe and relatively non-toxic (compared to lead acid) chemistry.

SOK produces a decent battery but it is encased in metal. Will did a review on and he found it to be one of the better economically priced lithium battery. I understand they will be producing one with a poly case this April.

Back