diy solar

diy solar

Lithium Valley Batteries

Thanks!

I needed both of those.
Dear JoeHam, I'm curious whether you managed to connect a computer to your G4LL. I've used the green ethernet cable that came with the G4LL to connect the battery to the ethernet port on my Windows laptop, but the BMS_Tool app does not find the battery. I'm not great with Windows (mainly use a Mac), so could well be user error. Do I need some kind of ethernet to serial adapter? Frustrating!

Attachments

• B450E546-4692-4FFC-AFAA-D276E328A0A0_1_105_c.jpeg
    B450E546-4692-4FFC-AFAA-D276E328A0A0_1_105_c.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 5
Not at the top of my todo list.

Hope to get at it in the next few weeks.

Not at the top of my todo list.

Hope to get at it in the next few weeks.
Thanks. Here's another piece of the puzzle: a Youtube link from Signature Solar showing how to connect the G4LL battery BMS to your (Windows) computer. There's a little RS485 adapter dongle you need to find. I've been trying in vain to make something to replicate that dongle. I don't really want to install the battery in my system without being able to see the health of the LiFePo4 cells.

Thanks. Here's another piece of the puzzle: a Youtube link from Signature Solar showing how to connect the G4LL battery BMS to your (Windows) computer. There's a little RS485 adapter dongle you need to find. I've been trying in vain to make something to replicate that dongle. I don't really want to install the battery in my system without being able to see the health of the LiFePo4 cells.

Good find on the recent YouTube!

I suspect something like this should work:

There are a few reviews from folks using them with various solar products.

I should get it by Wednesday and will have a go next weekend.

Last edited:
@euphonius there is a better thread for this information.

Although I had a thread on GYLL batteries back in July there is a more recent one here:

Let’s continue the conversation there.

@euphonius there is a better thread for this information.

Although I had a thread on GYLL batteries back in July there is a more recent one here:

Let’s continue the conversation there.
Many thanks, JoeHam. Switching over to that thread. Still flailing to get my laptop to talk to the GYLL BMS.

Back