diy solar

diy solar

lithiumbatterypcb.com BMS

upnorthandpersonal

Administrator
Staff member
So I was thinking of giving some of these BMS systems from https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/ a try, but it seems I can't contact anyone there. Has anyone successfully ordered from them, and what was the experience like? I know there are some alternative channels to get e.g. the 4S version, but I have not found such channel for the 16S 150A version.

Good find! I have not purchased from them before. They look like the manufacture for the BMS that BatteryHookup was selling. They are also the lowest price I have seen.

It's also the one that Will got when he finally found the BMS with low temp cut-off. I want two 16S versions just to give them a try on my new 32 cells, but can't seem to get any response from the company, and can't find an alternative source...

I personally have not used that companies BMS' but have heard good things about them (the BMS) but if a company is non-responsive to more that one inquiry then I see that as a Red Flag. That being said, I also discovered that sometimes it is better to use their Direct EMail / Send Message links from their webpage so they get the message. I did try to contact his particular company for info and discovered by direct e-mail it was not getting to them but when I used their site link it got through. That was back in January or possibly December. Hopefully it's just a simple thing like that.

I tried both and Skype. I've given up at this point and ordered the ones from Aliexpress. I think they are from this company actually:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000776885236.html (they're more expensive here than on the other Aliexpress store).

They seem to be an updated version of the one that was on lithiumbatterypcb.com

Seems like a nice board, includes a 2A active balancer, low and high temp cut-off, charge and discharge over-current disconnect and a 300A (expensive) version that can charge at 200A. I bought the light-weight (100A) one to test, but if it's any good I'll give that 300A one a spin.

Last edited:
I contacted them via email (james@lithiumbatterypcb.com) just to ask whether they had an EU distributor and they replied the following day (they don't). Suggest you try email.

Top tip: when contacting Chinese companies I always include both English and a Mandarin translation. I have no idea whether this helps or not but it has never failed me yet. Here is my email:

2020-05-29_13-21-31.jpg

I obviously have to trust that Google Translate (https://translate.google.com) isn't insulting their mother!

And their reply:

2020-05-29_13-29-35.jpg

Last edited:
FYI I tried for about 1-2 weeks to get a response from james@ or via the Skype chat/call service on their website (which maps to someone other than James).
Decided a week ago just to place the order, via their LLT website (lithiumbatterypcb.com), after reading online about the poor response.
Yesterday I emailed james@ hoping he might see it. This morning my email had a response... with a tracking #.
When checked the number, it had been delivered a few minutes before! Package received.
The LLT website still shows the order as processing.
So I expect they are just busy, probably just James doing clerical work, and not managing the website.
Package opened: complete order received. 'protection circuit' board had 2 ea B- (~ 5 inches) and C- (~7 inches) 10AWG wires soldered in.

Back