diy solar

diy solar

Little Help - Going camping with my Battleborn

ZmAn3

So I'm new to this can someone walk me through how I calculate the runtime for a 12 volt 10 watt fan I bought for the trip on my 100Ah Battleborn I bought with my Corona beer 1000 dollar stimulus check please?

Thanks everyone

PS if anyone that has bought the 280Ah XUBA battery cells reads this and has used them for a bit how do you like them? I'm thinking of saving to get some.

So I'm new to this can someone walk me through how I calculate the runtime for a 12 volt 10 watt fan I bought for the trip on my 100Ah Battleborn I bought with my Corona beer 1000 dollar stimulus check please
A 10 watt fan will last longer than a truck load of Corona.
100Ah x 12.8 volts nominal battery is 1,280 watt hours.
Discharging your BB 100% from fully charged will run the fan for about 128 hours.

Actually BB 100Ah are 103Ah so about 1300 watt hours total.
How are you charging your battery?
You are only running a fan off the battery?
I have one too and mainly to run a 12 volt fridge camping for at least 4 days with no charging right now.

At home I have 2 of newpowa 120 Watt 24v Panels Amazon Link that I bought one each payday and I was going to get another seems that they are unavailable now though But I'm not going to drag those camping, I might Charge my phone from it too but it's not necessary . So we are taking Ah x volts to get Wh and Dividing that by the watts of the device then correct? Thank you for the info I should definitely be good for 2 nights :)

At home I have 2 of newpowa 120 Watt 24v Panels Amazon Link that I bought one each payday and I was going to get another seems that they are unavailable now though
Wow 34Vmp out of those 120w Newpowa coz they are for 24V batteries.
What charge controller are you using with those 2 panels to charge your BB?
My 12V / 120V 45 litre fridge only uses about 10 watt hours on DC so should last 5 days.

They are in Parallel hooked to a Victron 100/30 , I forgot I have these lights ( Amazon Link ) I bought a while back with the intention of using solar for some lighting in the tiny little place I live, Might take one or two for the tent it has a overhead little sunglasses holder thing I could put them in 3watts each and not on all night given what you told me I should be ok. Wow 45 litre 12 volt fridges are pricey on Amazon. Thanks again for your help I'm glad I found Wills youtube and this forum it's fun reading on here.

Back