diy solar

diy solar

Littokala, what a surprise. Not really though.

Short_Shot

Solar Addict
Someone posted a sale on 105AH cells a few months back, and given the price of roughly $150 for 4 cells I figured I don't have much to lose here.

Am running individual cell discharge tests at 21A and already am seeing the expected falsely advertised specs. The first cell is ~84AH. The voltage rebounded to 2.94v after the test ended, so there's clearly not any extra significant capacity here to be found. It also, for some reason, seems to be showing a rather unstable voltage curve.

Screenshot_20211029-094641.jpg

I am testing the second one now (green curve above).

I will test all 4 cells, then top balance again and put into a 4S pack and see what we get.
For my ICECO fridge this will still be sufficient capacity for a couple days of operation - I plan to use this pack in the bed of my truck with said fridge to avoid running power back there - but Liitokala strikes again.

Oh and FYI, I believe the "low" voltage of 3v or so to be from the 2 foot long 10awg wires I am using here so I am not stressed about that part. That is an "expected" drop of 0.2v, however that should still be well within the knee on the tail end and shouldn't affect results by more than a couple of AH.
Please correct me if I am wrong on that theory though.

Update. The sketchy line is a result of the CBA IV connector being shady.

It didn't make a difference in capacity at the end though. Verdict is in. Cells are 81 to 84ah.

Aside from that disappointment, I've found a small clamshell hard case that should fit the cells, bms, and a connector to charge/discharge from.

In other news. This 25 dollar amazon case fits nicely with room for a bms and a connector or two.

20211101_115852.jpg
20211101_115830.jpg
20211101_115825.jpg

Even for 80ah that is worth looking at. What is your source for the cells?

They exclusively sell junk so. No.

Liitokala is the seller. Don't buy from them. It was a pretty significant discount at the time so, whatever. But don't give them any more money.

This would be a really cost effective build if I used a cheap bms but I've got an overkill on the way lol

They exclusively sell junk so. No.

Liitokala is the seller. Don't buy from them. It was a pretty significant discount at the time so, whatever. But don't give them any more money.

This would be a really cost effective build if I used a cheap bms but I've got an overkill on the way lol
What is the current recommendation for camping a battery in Australia?

Back