diy solar

diy solar

long solar MC4 cable run and solar panels

It will get about 25 below zero in its worst conditions, which would be about 3 weeks or so in the winter. In the summer it can get in the upper 90 degree range in the hottest times for a few weeks in the summer.

I just received a reply from Bluetti on the amp / watt input of hte machine I have. They limit it at 15 amp / 900 watts.
They said if I exceed that, the AC200MAX will automatically drop it to 15 amp / 900 watts.
I had asked them, the 5 panel question and they said to go ahead. Voltage input would be 121.5 volts. Watts would be 1000.
Not sure what the watts would be with that long of a run as they said the longer the run, the greater the loss of conversion efficiency.
So at this stage, I am planning, or at least thinking about going with (5) 12 volt 200 watt panels running in series, connected via an 8 gauge
cable with MC4 connectors, which will be 1000 watts & 121.5 volts. The 121.5 volts is under the 145 volt limit of the Bluetti and from what I
understand, the machine will only allow 900 watts to come in. As said before, during the summer months when it is warmer, it will probably never
produce 1000 watts anyway. In the very cold parts of winter, maybe, but with the long cable run, maybe never. Amps I am not sure about.
Still looking into that with the calculators.

Voc 24.3
Guessing .35% temp coefficient
25C to -40C = 65 dec delta

24.3Vov x 65 x .0035 = 5.57V increase
(24.3V + 5.53) x 5 series = 149V
So 5 in series would violate your SCCs max input voltage near 35C
i never done this before, so take pity....his line loss is 3% i think i read. 3% of 149volts is 144.53 volts, barely under the limit unless you have
already figured this above. i couldn't follow your math.

i never done this before, so take pity....his line loss is 3% i think i read. 3% of 149volts is 144.53 volts, barely under the limit unless you have
already figured this above. i couldn't follow your math.
Open circuit voltage (VOC) is not affected by distance. Just have to make sure you stay below the limit, while factoring in the coldest temperature.

Back