diy solar

diy solar

Longer cable for my epever mt50

missoo

Hello everyone,

I need a longer cable for the remote meter mt50 of my mppt epever. On the manual they say to get a CC-RS485-RS485-200U-MT.
But I can't find any with this model number on internet, at least in Europe.

Do you have any idea which cable could work for this use ?

Thank you for your help :)

If a standard Ethernet cable DOESN'T work, then it might also be a "standard" crossover cable. If not, then they wired the RJ45 pins in some weird way (and they have many alternative designs, if they did that.) Can you see the WIRES within the RJ45 connectors on the short cable?

If you can see the wires, you could custom-build one new end from a standard cable. But I've great a GREAT alternative for you: Whatever "crossover" wiring they used is entirely done by the two connectors which already exist. I'm willing to guarantee that you can merely add a standard RJ45 union connector (a cable "coupler") to either end of the proprietary cable, connect a NORMAL shielded Ethernet cable as your "extension", and the end of your extension will work perfectly (Between the SCC and the MT-50). :)

Last edited:
I will send a picture of the RJ45 connector later because I don't have it with me now. But I found these informations in the manual. Does it give you any idea of which cable it could be ?
1618599610041.png

The diagram indicates it's a straight through cable. Standard ethernet cable is straight through.

ok cool ! No risk testing a regular ethernet cable then ? Too scared to damage my devices!

I think the danger is in connecting the MT-50 to an actual ethernet port on a computer/switch/router, not between approved devices.

Cool ! Thanks rickst29, it's a clever idea :)
I guess the signal would be the same even if it's not the same kind of cable ?

Thanks for your help both of you

Cool ! Thanks rickst29, it's a clever idea :)
I guess the signal would be the same even if it's not the same kind of cable ?

Thanks for your help both of you
Yes. Their picture implies that regular straight-through Internet is correct (as snoobler says). But my scheme assures that any undocumented "wire-flipping" they did inside will be preserved through your extension.

Hello everyone,

I need a longer cable for the remote meter mt50 of my mppt epever. On the manual they say to get a CC-RS485-RS485-200U-MT.
But I can't find any with this model number on internet, at least in Europe.

Do you have any idea which cable could work for this use ?

Thank you for your help :)
It's a regular rg45 to rg45 network cable....Any should work just make sure it's a straight through and not a crossover though

Back