diy solar

diy solar

Longwei power supply problems, anyone else have this?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9967
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9967

I have the Longwei power supply 30 volt 10 amp version.
I started to charge my batteries and set it to 29.2 as usual.
Amperage at its highest as usual.
The power supply displayed 26.52 and stayed there.
Once the cells were at 26.5 it stopped charging the cells.

The BMS is doing its thing and shows no warnings at all.
Nothing has changed that I can see.
It has worked for a long while now with no problems until today.

Do they just stop working after a few months or what?
Thanks for any practical help. :)

Will uses one in his lab that he highly recommends. I'd look on his YouTube blog to find the model and order it from Amazon, it's a similar spec to the Longwei.

I do see Longwei just released a new model, maybe they fixed the problem? I really liked the features while they worked.

Hope that helps ... Joe.

Will uses one in his lab that he highly recommends. I'd look on his YouTube blog to find the model and order it from Amazon, it's a similar spec to the Longwei.

I do see Longwei just released a new model, maybe they fixed the problem? I really liked the features while they worked.

Hope that helps ... Joe.
Thanks Joe
I had thought Will used the Longwei. My mistake obviously LOL.

Ok then thanks Joe. :)

If your able and inclined you could ask for repair help over on eevblog. I blew mine up, researching found I just needed to replace an internal diode fixed it. Longwei probably makes all the power supplies that look like their models, they are an oem.

Overall the Longwei is a decent low cost switching type bench power supply that has a fair amount of ripple/noise on it. Not that we care for charging, but it is possible to mode the power supply to reduce the noise if interested.

I must have gotten a good one because in almost a year of charging 2 24v LiFePo’s I’ve had no issues. I set it at 28.6v 10a
And it has never given any problems.

There may have been a production or component change along the way that is now shipping out duds. ?

If your able and inclined you could ask for repair help over on eevblog. I blew mine up, researching found I just needed to replace an internal diode fixed it. Longwei probably makes all the power supplies that look like their models, they are an oem.

Overall the Longwei is a decent low cost switching type bench power supply that has a fair amount of ripple/noise on it. Not that we care for charging, but it is possible to mode the power supply to reduce the noise if interested.
I just need it to charge batteries. The noise is not a problem for me. If I was using it for electronics though it would.
I get what you mean about them being oem as most of the ones I seen look about the same.
Thanks for the tip. I will pop over later. Thanks. :)

I must have gotten a good one because in almost a year of charging 2 24v LiFePo’s I’ve had no issues. I set it at 28.6v 10a
And it has never given any problems.

There may have been a production or component change along the way that is now shipping out duds. ?
It happens that a good batch escapes LOL :p:ROFLMAO:

Thank you for that link.
They have been very helpful over their.
And so far no elitists telling me how stupid I am either.

Thanks again for the link. :)

Back