diy solar

diy solar

Looking for 272ah or 280ah cells

suntex

I'm looking for a good deal on either 272ah or280ah cells....Anybody know of a good source??

Contact Michael directly. He's like a middle man between you and China. He's a great guy nice to deal with and then if there's an issue you can deal direct with him versus China.

Contact Michael directly. He's like a middle man between you and China. He's a great guy nice to deal with and then if there's an issue you can deal direct with him versus China.
+1, I got 16 lishen cells through michael and the whole process was painless and the cells arrived in good shape.

How long did it take for your cells to arrive?
Just under 60 days
Edit : I had the option between 2 shipping options and paid extra to have only 2 cells per box and quicker shipping.

Just under 60 days
Edit : I had the option between 2 shipping options and paid extra to have only 2 cells per box and quicker shipping.
Thanks. I put in my order with Michael a week or so ago, and just wanted a rough idea of how long I have to install some racking and research the best BMS. (I hold a Masters Degree in applied procrastination) ;)

This type of order from china is never fast. Trust in Michael and the others who are happy with there results and just sit back and wait patiently.

lishen 272's, but eve 280's are almost identical in size. You can find the spec sheets with dimensions for both cells under the resources section on this site. Also, remember that the terminals (and studs) will add some height, so make sure you account for those as appropriate.

The box has been repurposed as a foot stool when working at my workbench.

Anyone tried there ones? they're currently the cheapest 280ah cells I can find that ship to the UK. At £340 for 4 cells, that's under £100 per kwh. I want to buy 16 cells for a home 48v setup, but I don't see many review of these anywhere.

As a former white collar crime detective it only took a few minutes for alarm bells to start ringing.
From their official web page linked through AliExpress the full company name is Shenzhen Turmera Technology Co., Limited.
No address, no phone number
They give http://www.tumera.com.cn as their web address, and it returns 'Can't be reached'.
Ran that web address through Google and again, nothing found.
Ran the business license number they show on AliExpress; 440301118631437, through the Chinese National Enterprise Credit Information Publicity System where all Chinese Companies are registered, and got this:
Double checked and the business license should be 18 digits. but the one on AliExpress only has 15.
It's your money. ;)

Rather then start a new thread - I didn't go ahead with the purchase above, but I've just seen these available:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002752049532.html?

PFDD 12.8v Lifepo4 300ah battery with BMS for £327.89 - free shipping. That's ridiculously cheap... too cheap? This seems to be a new company, with only 2 reviews.

But at that price, worth the risk perhaps?

Rather then start a new thread - I didn't go ahead with the purchase above, but I've just seen these available:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002752049532.html?

PFDD 12.8v Lifepo4 300ah battery with BMS for £327.89 - free shipping. That's ridiculously cheap... too cheap? This seems to be a new company, with only 2 reviews.

But at that price, worth the risk perhaps?
Only one way to find out.....thanks for being the guinea pig. Please report back your findings...

Hi

I think I need your help.

The battery turned up, and I performed a capacity test, and it came out at about 81ah compared to the advertised 300ah. Quite a difference.

However, as I'm sure some of you will have anticipated the seller is not accepting this, and AliExpress have not accepted my evidence that the battery is not as advertised.

I posted this photo of the discharge test, just before it ended, and initially the seller argued that the battery can go down to 10v, so my test wasn't correct,

The minimum voltage of lithium iron phosphate is 2.5X4=10V, and the full-load voltage is 3.65X4=14.6V. The measurement is wrong. The measured voltage provided by the buyer is 10.98V, which is obviously wrong To measure the capacity of the battery, the calculation must be started at the lowest voltage of 10V, and the saturation voltage is measured to 14.6V. .

and now AliExpress are saying that the meter I used (which they sell) isn't valid to do such a test. I think I'm screwed here. Any thoughts?

aliexpress.PNG

My photo below.

81ah.jpg

Back