diy solar

diy solar

Looking for a 200 amp 150 volt 38 cell LiON BMS for motorcycle

israndy

I have a Vectrix VX-1. I purchased 19 Leaf modules that have 2s2p cells in them and I need to add a BMS to protect them when riding. The batteries have been installed in place of the original 102 cell NiMH pack so I have the right voltage and upgraded charger firmware to charge the Lithium Ion batts.

I have found LOTS of BMS's that go up to 24S in configuration. I have found a few active balancers that allow cascading of the balancers to reach the 38 cells I'll need to connect. I even found one BMS (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002700460951.html) that allows cascading but is underpowered at only 45 amps.

Any suggestions on what people are using for their motorcycles? I am trying not to spend more than $500 on this, preferably way less. I can get cascading balancers for $31 total shipped from China. It never gets below freezing where I charge, so unless I have a battery failure I am not sure what the BMS is protecting me from.

I have a Vectrix VX-1. I purchased 19 Leaf modules that have 2s2p cells in them and I need to add a BMS to protect them when riding. The batteries have been installed in place of the original 102 cell NiMH pack so I have the right voltage and upgraded charger firmware to charge the Lithium Ion batts.

I have found LOTS of BMS's that go up to 24S in configuration. I have found a few active balancers that allow cascading of the balancers to reach the 38 cells I'll need to connect. I even found one BMS (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002700460951.html) that allows cascading but is underpowered at only 45 amps.

Any suggestions on what people are using for their motorcycles? I am trying not to spend more than $500 on this, preferably way less. I can get cascading balancers for $31 total shipped from China. It never gets below freezing where I charge, so unless I have a battery failure I am not sure what the BMS is protecting me from.
That motorcycle has a 30,000W motor?

Back