diy solar

diy solar

Looking for a good flexible BMS

willc99

I am interested in a BMS that is flexible allowing me to start with a 12 volt 4 cell and growing to at least a 24 volt 8 cell or staying in parallel with an 8 cell 12 volt setup. I started reading about the Overkill BMS and it seems like I have to know what my setup will be to buy one. I also think there are some that have integrated chargers, is that right? I have my eye on a Valence 138 amp hr used battery and have ordered a couple of cheap batteries to try out. If the cheap ones are not usable I can repurpose them to other DIY projects. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. FYI, my first foray into backup systems is an EcoFlow Delta Mini which I got a really good deal on, so I will be using the batteries for solar and for extended outage protection to backup the EcoFlow. Thanks for any help!

Will

Thanks, I had one on order and just canceled it thinking I would just go ahead and buy an all-in-one system. I also bought a single 12 volt 280 amp hour battery so I may be looking at a 24-volt max battery solution, at least for now. This stuff is far more complicated than I thought! If the vendors would just build in more voltage flexibility things would be simpler and that is not very expensive to build in.

Back