diy solar

diy solar

looking for a good quality bms for my large 14s system

It looks like RS485 and CAN have the same connector unless I am missing a key or something. I don't need the box, but I would get a cable for $7.
Thanks!

@Haugen -- did you manage to get the connector and its protocol? I have a similar variant (0.6A balancer/100amp bms). My unit also has both the CAN/RS485/GPS ports but not sure where to get the connector box or how to get its protocol.

Any help is great, thanks.

@Haugen -- did you manage to get the connector and its protocol? I have a similar variant (0.6A balancer/100amp bms). My unit also has both the CAN/RS485/GPS ports but not sure where to get the connector box or how to get its protocol.

Any help is great, thanks.
No. I wasn't able to get definitive answers.
The best I got was someone telling me that they are JST connectors. That is probably true, but JST has several series of connectors. I haven't searched for which one it is.
I'm not sure it would work in the end anyway. The baus rate on the BMS didn't match the SolArk.

On another thread, I was pointed to Seplos BMS. They said they are known to work with Sol-Ark. They are also cheaper. The downside is that the highest current is 100A.

No. I wasn't able to get definitive answers.
The best I got was someone telling me that they are JST connectors. That is probably true, but JST has several series of connectors. I haven't searched for which one it is.
I'm not sure it would work in the end anyway. The baus rate on the BMS didn't match the SolArk.

On another thread, I was pointed to Seplos BMS. They said they are known to work with Sol-Ark. They are also cheaper. The downside is that the highest current is 100A.
They have a 200amp version now. Just bought 2.

I'm having a hard time to find any more of the JK Bms's
I'd like 3 more of what i already have JK-B2A24S-15P
But I can't seem to find em....Looked on ebay and Amazon ( which i hate )

Is it me or am i seeing a lot of imposters?
they look just like the JKBMS or Heltec, but they do not have the official logo or QR code on them..
I do not want to buy some cheap copycat brand that i can't trust..
The JKBMS site does not offer any sales on their site.
And Heltec does.. Does either one really stand behind their product.. I cannot contact JKBMS at all, their email system doesn't work..
Email not sent ,It says a problem happened,, try again later..
I just sent a email to Heltec,,So now to wait and see what happens...

I'm having a hard time to find any more of the JK Bms's
I'd like 3 more of what i already have JK-B2A24S-15P
But I can't seem to find em....Looked on ebay and Amazon ( which i hate )
I have 2 brand new Heltec/JK 200 Amp 2 Amp active balance with Bluetooth, still in the box. Never opened. I may also have 2 more if the Seplos BMS's I bought work out. PM me if your interested.

Attachments

• 20210921_162134.jpg
    20210921_162134.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210921_162110.jpg
    20210921_162110.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 3
I have 2 brand new Heltec/JK 200 Amp 2 Amp active balance with Bluetooth, still in the box. Never opened. I may also have 2 more if the Seplos BMS's I bought work out. PM me if your interested.
Looks like the only difference is mine are the 2 Amp active balance BMS.

Attachments

• 20210921_162426.jpg
    20210921_162426.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 5
I would suggest buying from Heltec - https://cncdheltec.en.alibaba.com/p...332/Smart_BMS.html?spm=a2700.shop_index.88.34

I don't recall hearing anything bad about ICGOGOGO. But I had good luck with Heltec. I had one BMS go bad. Probably was my fault. But they replaced it immediately. Actually it took a few days.
They also ship REALLY fast(air, not ship). You can chat with Michelle Duan for the best deal. Worst case, I still have two new in the box 200amp versions available(rhe black case) with bluetooth. But they cost me $450.03 after shipping and paypal fees, so not cheap.

Back