diy solar

diy solar

Looking for a surface mount for 175amp Anderson Connector

Mike Jordan

Solar Enthusiast
I'm looking for a surface mount for a 175amp Anderson Connector. I saw these in a random video. Screen shot for reference. Can someone point me to something like this?

Screenshot 2021-02-14 112345.jpg

Look here:

Also support phone numbers there.

All of the larger Anderson style connectors I've seen installed on panels have been screwed in through the hole in the center of the connector itself. They cut a rectangular hole that's slightly larger than the Anderson connector, that was butted up against a wall. The connector was then bolted to the wall, and you can plug in a wire easily.

You can see in the picture in the link below where the connector is just a rectangular hole with a flat bracket behind it.

II think this might be the specific product that you're looking for if you're not opting for a do-it-yourself option.

All of the larger Anderson style connectors I've seen installed on panels have been screwed in through the hole in the center of the connector itself. They cut a rectangular hole that's slightly larger than the Anderson connector, that was butted up against a wall. The connector was then bolted to the wall, and you can plug in a wire easily.

You can see in the picture in the link below where the connector is just a rectangular hole with a flat bracket behind it.

II think this might be the specific product that you're looking for if you're not opting for a do-it-yourself option.
You found the exact same stuff I found. The top one is the smaller 50amp connectors. The second one is from down under. They don't ship to the states

I have one of those Australia SB175 ones shipped to the US - it was a while back, while international shipping was pricey they sent it. I also have 2 of the SB50 panel mounts I'm not using and would resell in the US if you wanted them.

Ditto what someone above said - I'm just through-bolting the Anderson plug.

My adventure last night? Finding the 2/0 version of the SB175 - back-ordered (and overpriced) everywhere - but I want to up my wiring to 2/0 and still need the modular/disconnect ability the Anderson's provide.

Last edited:
Powerwerx sells panel mount ones for 45 and 75 Amp PP connectors.
I wasn't able, while on my phone, to dive deep enough into their site to see if they sold bigger ones.

Last edited:
Back