diy solar

diy solar

looking for a wall charger

dahluwalia

hello I'm new to solar power. I have a ton of question and will be looking to answer them by posting and looking thru posts. But i'm looking to make a genarator .My first question is about a wall charger for my going too be generator . Im using 1 LIPO 100ah battery but will have roon to expand to 2 batteries . What charger specs to use ? I would like to be able to charge as fast and safe that I can while also perserving battery life.And also would like to maintan batteies while not in use because this is or will be back up power at first .

The first thing you need to do is understand the correct terminology..Lipo is dangerous. LiFePO4 is not dangerous. The charging voltage is different between those chemistries.

The first thing you need to do is understand the correct terminology..Lipo is dangerous. LiFePO4 is not dangerous. The charging voltage is different between those chemistries.
ok thanks for the correction,like I'm new but terms are very inportant. So the battery I'm looking at is a powerurus Lifep04 (not sure if its a o4 or 04 sorry ) 100ah. The question is still about wall charging. using 1 or 2 batteries 12v and paralel meaning 12v either way. Do I need a 2 bank charger ? and what amps will be a safe fast charge ? Yes I know the battery has a

IF the batteries are in Parrell would one charger output charge both batteries ? What charger are these guys using for the diy generators

hello I'm new to solar power. I have a ton of question and will be looking to answer them by posting and looking thru posts. But i'm looking to make a genarator .My first question is about a wall charger for my going too be generator . Im using 1 LIPO 100ah battery but will have roon to expand to 2 batteries . What charger specs to use ? I would like to be able to charge as fast and safe that I can while also perserving battery life.And also would like to maintan batteies while not in use because this is or will be back up power at first .

Here is what I do which may or may not work for you.

Look at the specific battery specs that you are considering - not just general - your specific battery.

Usually they will have a data sheet that tells what the max charge rate for it is.

For a 100 amp-hr x 12 volt battery, a typical max charge rate is 20 amps, but a few go to 50 amps.

______

So to buy a charger for this battery, don't buy one that is rated for more amps than the single battery that you purchase can handle.

_________

Slightly separate from what you asked - if it were me, I would buy two batteries and wire them in series to make a 24 volt setup instead of 12 volt. It is a lot easier IMHO.

It also will help to make your build more compact as many electronic components are sized based on amps, not so much on volts.

Back