diy solar

diy solar

Looking for advice MIC 3000 TL-X zero export

aero83

I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me with some questions. I've been around off grid solar/wind most of my life in my parents home, but it was a very low tech system. Finally purchased my own home and trying to get started doing some on my own.

I have been playing with a few panels, and a MIC3000-TL-X. Solar and inverter is located on a shop, 150 feet from the house. Power company meter and box are located on side of house. I am wanting to offset loads in the house during the hours when solar is available, without exporting any power.

US split phase.
From the manual, "
This series inverter has integrated export limitation functionality. To use this function,
you can connect smart meter or CT. The smart meter model is Eastron SDM230-Modbus.
The CT Model is TOP 90-S10/SP4(LEM).The primary aperture is 10mm,output cable
length is 5m . The arrow on the CT must pointing towards the inverter.

Currently the home has a 200A breaker panel, which I will replace in the future but have no ability to do it right now. I don't have any way of shutting power off to the house, to install the eastron unit. Also, how can one use these for a US split phase? Can you somehow connect two to this inverter? The manual doesn't provide much that at least to my eye shows anything helpful for split phase. Cn you use the SDM630 three phase meter, and only use two phases? Or can you connect two SDM230 , one for each of the split phases?

So a CT would be more easily installed, however the aperture on the listed CT is not large enough to clamp over my main feed as they are aluminum.

I think I can use a 16mm, aperture CT, but again, how can I utilize two, to monitor both legs? The ones specified in the manual, are only 10mm and wont fit. can you connect two CT's to one port in some way? Does anyone know of a larger aperture CT that matches the specs on the ones listed in the growatt manual?

Hoping I'm wording this in an understandable way and someone can help guide me just a little bit.

Ideally, I will eventually have the time and funds to do one of the big GSL12k , Sol-Ark etc type inverters, with batteries, but I'm just wanting to get my feet wet, learn and offset a portion of my usage.

Thanks!

Back