diy solar

diy solar

Looking for All-in-One Recommendation for Motorhome

One could modify it to make a mini split out of it, has crossed my mind several times.
More a Micro-Split :p

yeah, lets take a hacksaw and split that thing in two. Have to learn how to solder refrigeration lines...

Another idea - it's a very permanent modification to the RV:
- so you can remove RV-Windows rather easy - cut the slot for the Midea underneath the window in the Wall of the RV.
Mount it there somehow and reinstall the window.

Alternative - what I saw in travel trailers / truck campers from the factory:
1623762412066.png

So they got a grate outside to vent - and actually draw the air from the roof through a refrigerator type vent.

More a Micro-Split :p

yeah, lets take a hacksaw and split that thing in two. Have to learn how to solder refrigeration lines...

Not hard but you should use braze. Personally, I'd braze ends on and make 2 hoses instead of hard lines thru the wall.

Another idea - it's a very permanent modification to the RV:
- so you can remove RV-Windows rather easy - cut the slot for the Midea underneath the window in the Wall of the RV.
Mount it there somehow and reinstall the window.

Alternative - what I saw in travel trailers / truck campers from the factory:
View attachment 52911

So they got a grate outside to vent - and actually draw the air from the roof through a refrigerator type vent.
I'd prefer splitting it instead with a small hole in the wall with a drip cap.

Not hard but you should use braze. Personally, I'd braze ends on and make 2 hoses instead of hard lines thru the wall.
you already see that I have no idea about dealing with refrigeration technology.... yet.

The issue is with the external mounted part of window A/C there is only one side of the RV where you can go - the back.
While with going inside a cabinet and venting through the roof enables at least 3 sides.

Have to count my cooling days...

Back