diy solar

diy solar

Looking for an all-in-one Inverter With Two Programable Auto-Start Gen Relays

Not sure I follow, what exactly would this be used for?
This hooks to the Battery 48 volt for example and it automaticly charges and shuts off. Not available in the US yet but they are becomming the new thing for charging batteries.

Last edited:
My generator is a 10KW Kubota diesel generator with about 5K hours, has had recent service, and runs great. However, I have noticed when I do not run it for several months, it does not startup on first run. I have to manually start it, than it typically runs fine.

You might have a small airleak in one of the fuel lines. How long do you need to crank it manually..

This is brilliant, this just might work!!
Hey Samsonite801, with your simple idea above about using timer to open/close circuit, would this require a relay as well? I am a bit lost on what type of voltage/amps does it take to send the signal to the generator controller to kickoff the start/stop sequence.

Hey Samsonite801, with your simple idea above about using timer to open/close circuit, would this require a relay as well? I am a bit lost on what type of voltage/amps does it take to send the signal to the generator controller to kickoff the start/stop sequence.

That timer has a relay in it already, it is just a 'dry contact' same like your inverter has, no need for other relay. The amps should be pretty low for that trigger circuit on the generator start control.

For a timing device you can just use this.

It does way more than that but that is one feature. You can program the relays to open and close on daily or weekly schedule, voltage, amps, ping etc.

It will operate standalone after programming if that's what you want.

Back