diy solar

diy solar

looking for BMS brands/references in Europe

silos

Hello All!

Im new to DIY battery world, living in Berlin since 2018 and I dont speak german! So, there are a lot of challenges for me to go deep on this topic from here (particulary because I dont have too much money and I need a lot of information). That is why I came here to try to find some help :)

I watched few videos from Will's channel in youtube and I can see that the BMS system that he show on most of his videos are a system that have just one central box and wires that goes to the cells. Here is a picture of him showing these system in a few videos of him:

BMS1.png
www.youtube.com/watch?v=im4ggvoni5M DIY 48v LiFePO4 Battery w/ $72 Bluetooth ANT BMS (low temp cut-off!)

BMS2.png
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ntcAZfxju4 Testing a New LiFePO4 BMS, 12v Battery Build and Aliexpress Cell Test

BMS3.png
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStEtH9Le-w How to Build LARGE LifePO4 Solar Batteries w/ Raw Cells and a BMS

So, in all these examples, he is using that BMC system that is 1 box and few wires.

Since I live in europe, Im trying to find who is using these systems Will is showing but I could not find anyone. Instead, I see people using another system that have a different approach.

UE.jpg
I took this image from: https://www.wohnmobilforum.de/viewtopic,p,2160442.html#p2160442
I saw this kit in the picture being sold on: https://www.nothnagel-marine.de/pro...kl--BMS-u--Sicherheits-Trenn-Relais-250A.html (it is really expensive!!!)

But they don't specify what circuit they are using in this advertisement.

So here are my questions:

1. Do you know what brand/model of the BMS circuit they used in the yellow battery above?

2. If you are from Europe, can you tell me few cheap BMS brand/models to work with? (the ones that have temperature control)

3. I see here they have LiFePo4 and LiFeYPO4. Do you know why they use this second name instead of just LiFePo4 ?

4. Im looking for places/sites to find where to buy cheap LiFePo4 100Ah cells to build my battery from scratch. I will also need the BMS. If you have any clue on where can I find it here I appreciate that.

Since we are living under corona times, I excluded the possibility to order these materials from USA because I think it will take a long time to arrive here. So that is why im asking for references of brands/names in europe.

Sorry for any bad english.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi Silos,
battery shown in the Image have single BMS"s for one cell with OVP/UVP protection, wired in series as a Daisy chain circuit. To switch load either MOSFET's or latching relays are required. LFP Ytrium battery (Winston) have a better acceptance for low temp charging
See the above links. You can visit Notnagel Marine in Berlin and obtain information face to face.
Regards

It is not the 123BMS, but it is of a similar kind. In Europe a lot of the Yellow Winston cells are sold from Prague, they also sell the Dutch 123BMS.
I own such a set, and it is of much better quality than the Lishen or Eve cells with Daly or JBD/overkill BMS.

But I do like the cheap stuff better, I'm not using my expensive Winston/123BMS setup at the moment but I use my Lishen Cells with a JBD 120A BMS. Much smaller size, less weight, and still good enough for my light use in my campervan.

It is not the 123BMS, but it is of a similar kind. In Europe a lot of the Yellow Winston cells are sold from Prague, they also sell the Dutch 123BMS.
I own such a set, and it is of much better quality than the Lishen or Eve cells with Daly or JBD/overkill BMS.

But I do like the cheap stuff better, I'm not using my expensive Winston/123BMS setup at the moment but I use my Lishen Cells with a JBD 120A BMS. Much smaller size, less weight, and still good enough for my light use in my campervan.
ah
thanks for that
I did not know that there was another version lol
I hae a GWL CPM style system atm tbh as I like the wide voltage options and it also is about 200-250 in total pretty much

Back