diy solar

diy solar

Looking for Chinglish to English translator.

alainmulaire

Hi, I'm looking to hire a Changlish to English translator to help me figure out the GSL documentation.
Official titles from prestigious universities not required. In-field experience a must.

Budget is limited.

Reactions: G20
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That's funny, but a word of advice, most of the Chinese manuals have issues that go far beyond translation problems.
Many of them have totally incorrect statements and numerical values. Finding out which is which can sometimes be very time consuming or costly.

My GSL Battery manual is a horrible pathetic joke or insult as it is missing so much information that no translation can fix it.

Emailing the horrid salesperson does require some translation but he too ignores questions, keeps repeating "... Don't Worry ..." and then doesn't follow through.

Tech support probably doesn't speak English, so the salesman is the go between. They ask questions, don't answer questions, then all communication stops.

I gave up. Horrible experience, horrible manual and so much BS that no translation can fix.

Run away from GSL if you haven't already spent your money as their info is confusing or mostly missing and support is disgustingly poor, slow and evaporates.

What!?? Non-technical technical writers and translators never make mistakes. :)

Not just mistakes. The technical info doesn't exist. And very difficult to talk to about info that the salesman only sees in his company brochure but has never built a battery, system or even used one. Mind boggling, yet they claim to be super high quality and support to match. Translation = BS.

Yeah, the first sentence on their web site sets off alarm bells. If you have to tell me you're a professional right out of the gate, you probably don't have the expertise you're trying to sell me on.

Ah Grashopper,
Western man once try to write manual for complicated solar machine in Mandarin.
That have Chinese rolling around on the floor pissing themselves laughing.
Western man very funny, always entertaining to Chinese.

I can excuse the Chinese somewhat but it seems that even product manuals from English speakers are written in gobbledygook. When you need an English to English translator it gets interesting.

I can excuse the Chinese somewhat but it seems that even product manuals from English speakers are written in gobbledygook. When you need an English to English translator it gets interesting.

Have you ever considered a career in the exciting field of manual writing?! I hear they are in desperate need of of authors!

Have you ever considered a career in the exciting field of manual writing?! I hear they are in desperate need of of authors!
:) I do not think I have ever seen any job posting for a operation manual author. I expect companies simply go down to HD with a pickup truck and hire some people from out in the parking lot for the day to churn out pages.

:) I do not think I have ever seen any job posting for a operation manual author. I expect companies simply go down to HD with a pickup truck and hire some people from out in the parking lot for the day to churn out pages.
That’s one thing I miss about CA and TX, hard to find dependable day labor in the Midwest. Even if you pay well.

Even the Victron manuals leave room for improvement. They're correct, but in some areas you have to read between the lines and in other areas the topic is simply missing. You have to connect a feature to find out how that feature works.

Back