diy solar

diy solar

Looking for Grid tie/Hybrid Inverter stackable? witch will work with any diy batter?

Alex777

Hello, any suggestion?
Looking for Grid tie/hybrid Inverter stackable? witch will work with any diy batter?
like to have network port to connect to my home network!
i like to design on my house roof in MASS
id like to do 6000 solar now!
later in 3 month get another 6000 unit!
want ask what brand/type inverter to look on that i can use any on batteries!?

i looking at this example

Please advice!
Thank you!

Last edited:
Looking for Grid tie Inverter stackable? witch will work with any diy batter?
I believe what you want is a hybrid GT inverter. It is sometimes described as a bidirectional solar inverter with batteries. Generally you have to choose which battery voltage and 48 volts would work the best. Any DIY battery should work. as long as the charging and discharge parameters can be programmed. Do you have a sense for the kW output you want to start with and and end goal in kW inverter capacity? Stacking adds complications and you might want to look at the price differences of various sizes and compare that to the cost of adding inverter capacity later by stacking. Do you want one with robust grid interaction or is your goal to be independent from the grid eventually. What is your use case? I presume a home currently on the grid. Combining GT and hybrid with AC coupling can be a cost effective ways to add solar capacity without the cost of a complete additional hybrid battery powered inverter. I have a 42 kWh battery pack connected to a kW Outback Skybox. I have that AC coupled to 7kW of solar panels. I can continue to add solar panels up to another 7 kW with out buying anything more than solar panels.

Last edited:
Schneider XW Pro 6848 is stackable, has a gateway to connect to the internet. The previous model XW+ 6848 is a beast, Low Frequency, very heavy transformer. I'm super happy with it. The Pro has a built in battery charger but NOT an MPPT solar charge controller those have to be purchased separately if going DC coupled. Outback also makes a durable product.

Back