diy solar

diy solar

Looking for Growatt experts! Discrepancies between manual and settings?

SolarSamSurfer

Here to learn.
Good evening, I have a growatt SPF 3000TL LVM 48V with 4x 12v Lead acid batteries. First problem i am having is that my batteries are normally fully charged by 2pm. Once the batteries are in float and my fridge turns off the growatt starts changing between 52-60V. Sometimes the overload protection trigger and the growatt resets but once it boots up it goes back in the same cycle. This happens until the sun isnt strong enough to support load.
problem (The sound in the video isnt the inverter) Here is a youtube video showing the issue. Does anyone know whats been causing it?

Another issue im having with growatt is that the user manual that came with my growatt seems to not match the user manuals on the internet or match the setting options on the growatt sever webpage. For example my manual says i can only set PV until 58.4v while the setting options on the growatt sever lets me go until 62v. Where can i find the most correct user manual and setting options? it seems like everywhere i look its differant.

Also anyone know what is the lastest firmware so i can update if i need to. Also i have the Wifi dongle which is connected to my WIFI. can i update the firmware with the wifi dongle or do i need to plug into a computer.

Check the voltage of each individual battery. And, make sure that all connections are good.
These are the only two reasons I can think of for the issue.
Not sure about the firmware.
Or manual.

Check the voltage of each individual battery. And, make sure that all connections are good.
These are the only two reasons I can think of for the issue.
Not sure about the firmware.
Or manual.
Ok could make sense ive been having battery problems which im in the process of fixing, system has been offline a few days now while i am sorting it out. It seems like when the load drops the growatt doesnt get to take less from the panels because it doesnt need it after the fridge turns off

I think you have your options 1&14 set incorrectly. I have the ES version, so it can run completely without batteries and has an MPPT that can go to 250v. Maybe you have the ES, either way those options would be the same.

1: UTI or SUB. Currently using UTI.
14: SNU

If you're completely off-grid with occasional generator backup, those are the correct settings.

If your main firmware is 'old' (51.01) you will not be able to select SUB through the front panel. But you can choose it through the app under CONTROL ⚙️

You should have a desulfator from Missouri Wind & Solar, the SkyMax, for a lead acid system. I did not think about being able to set the voltage higher through the app, so thank you for that. 62 volts is necessary for flooded lead acid desulfation.

If you have the ES, the latest firmware I've had is the 51.05/52.05 dated 2022-01-04

Hey mate. I have noticed that when my batteries get full, one of them flashes varying voltages right off the terminals, which the growatt then shows you. So i think it may be one of your batteries saying “I’m full” rather than the growatt. You can set your max charge voltage down a bit so none of them get to max and that should solve it if they charge pretty closely.

I have noticed that when my batteries get full, one of them flashes varying voltages right off the terminals, which the growatt then shows you. So i think it may be one of your batteries saying “I’m full” rather than the growatt.
He's using lead acid. 'Dumb' batteries.

Reading this thread again, because you posted and I got an alert, makes me wonder what he is doing to balance his batteries. I used to use 5amp rated H01 12x2/24v balancers. You have to use 3 for a 48v string. You can also get one made for a 48v string. I might suggest that. Those standard 12*2/24v balancers seem to burn up occasionally if the battery is too far out of balance.

He's using lead acid. 'Dumb' batteries.

Reading this thread again, because you posted and I got an alert, makes me wonder what he is doing to balance his batteries. I used to use 5amp rated H01 12x2/24v balancers. You have to use 3 for a 48v string. You can also get one made for a 48v string. I might suggest that. Those standard 12*2/24v balancers seem to burn up occasionally if the battery is too far out of balance.
Oh whoops, my bad! ? Never mind my comment then. Yea, balancing would be a good thing to check.

Back