diy solar

diy solar

Looking for Laws / Resources on requirements for PERMITS for off grid ground Panels in GA

RandomPlanet

Hi.

I am looking for information or links to find wether or not my Ground Mounted Panels in the Backyard of my residence for an OFF GRID Inverter with batteries requires a PERMIT.

I live in Cobb County GA. and am having no luck finding information.

Does anyone have any guidance, pointers or links?

Thanks in advance.

RP

I had the same questions In Texas in a rural county area. No info, no grid tie, no info at all.

I had the same questions In Texas in a rural county area. No info, no grid tie, no info at all.
I have a Neighborhood HOA, that is now asking for me to Submit a Request to have these in my back yard.... Im trying to gather all the information needed to present to them....

RP

Hi.

I am looking for information or links to find whether or not my Ground Mounted Panels in the Backyard of my residence for an OFF GRID Inverter with batteries requires a PERMIT.

I live in Cobb County GA. and am having no luck finding information.

Does anyone have any guidance, pointers or links?

Thanks in advance.

RP
I live in a subdivision outside of Nashville TN. We have a HOA and in it's rule book, ground-mounted panels are allowed as long as they are away from property lines and behind the house.
I also asked our city building inspector and he said they have no rules; just check if you have an HOA.
If you don't have a HOA and there are no restrictions about having outdoor above-ground pools,
storage buildings, etc ; I would say you are free and clear to do what you want to do.

I see you do have a HOA ! I would print out a nice pic of a ground-mount system that's well done and show that to them.
They will approve it. Can you imagine anyone opposing solar nowadays ?
And if you have any crappy looking above ground pools nearby, use that to shame them ! LOL

I live in a subdivision outside of Nashville TN. We have a HOA and in it's rule book, ground-mounted panels are allowed as long as they are away from property lines and behind the house.
Do you happen to have a link to your HOA guidelines? How have they worked?

1661563955762.png
You could always get a boat trailer or any trailer and build your array on that.

Not just because I like boats but because you can move your array to an optimal sun direction just rolling it and repurpose hardware like bunks and roller brackets get optimal sun angle too.

All kinds of parts they have.

1661566308562.png

Attachments

• 1661566173472.png
    1661566173472.png
    508.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This thread bothers me.

What the heck people stop being so obedient, its your yard.

I got guidance, pointers and links https://constitutioncenter.org/media/files/constitution.pdf

Leave me alone, I found a new hobby playing with solar panels in my backyard, maybe YOU people need to find a hobby besides sticking your nose into what I am doing.

A quote from the dissent of Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis “The right to be left alone—the most comprehensive of rights, and the right most valued by a free people.”

“The right to be let alone is indeed the beginning of all freedom.”​

~ Justice William O. Douglas
(1898-1980), U. S. Supreme Court Justice
Public Utilities Commission v Pollack, 1952

I am playing with solar panels in my backyard, LEAVE ME ALONE. Play in your own yard.

Here is a real crazy one pointing out the defective personalities of the permits and regulation people.

"The issue of e-bike hacking in the EU receives greater attention due to the much lower speed and power limits for electric bicycles compared to other areas of the world. In Europe, most e-bikes are limited to power levels of 250W and speeds of only 25 km/h (15.5 mph). No throttle allowed only pedal assist."

I mean every morning a person wakes up and can decide to do 1000s of different things, what drives a person to say "today when I wake up I am going to make a really stupid rule that makes e-bikes suck in all of Europe" (746.4 million live in the EU).

Like a lot of fans of alternative energy I am also fan of e-bikes, DIY build yourself of course but 250 watts and 15.5 MPH, that's awful ! Wouldn't waste my time.

"today when I wake up I am going to make a really stupid rule that makes e-bikes suck in all of Europe" Its like they have some kind of mental disorder.

Last edited:
1661571946415.png

I see all this cool solar stuff on Amazon and these websites, please high and mighty city hall control freaks w personality defects can I please ?

Please the dude on YouTube did it, please please can I too please ????

Last edited:
This thread bothers me.

What the heck people stop being so obedient, its your yard.

I got guidance, pointers and links https://constitutioncenter.org/media/files/constitution.pdf

Leave me alone, I found a new hobby playing with solar panels in my backyard, maybe YOU people need to find a hobby besides sticking your nose into what I am doing.

A quote from the dissent of Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis “The right to be left alone—the most comprehensive of rights, and the right most valued by a free people.”

“The right to be let alone is indeed the beginning of all freedom.”​

~ Justice William O. Douglas
(1898-1980), U. S. Supreme Court Justice
Public Utilities Commission v Pollack, 1952

I am playing with solar panels in my backyard, LEAVE ME ALONE. Play in your own yard.
On that I totally agree.
The bear has been poked and prodded for a while. I think they woke it up finally and the results are forthcoming.

Back