diy solar

diy solar

Looking for MPPT, 230V and+or 380V Inverter for 48V Offgrid System

sonnemann

Hello!
I am looking for equipment for my farm, which has no connection to the mains.
I have 2 solar strings (5kWp total) that should charge the 48V 16S LifePo4 battery that I have.
Now it gets more difficult: most of the time I only need one phase 230V (that's still easy) but sometimes I want to be able to run 380V devices (3 phases). And it is important that all inverters can be switched off completely, but the MPPTs still keep running. Also, phase 2 and 3 should be able to be switched off to reduce standby consumption (important in winter as we are on a north facing slope).

My idea was to use hybrid inverters (e.g. https://www.easunpower.com/products...-sine-wave-off-grid-grid-tied-1-phase-3-phase).
But these devices can only be switched off completely, MPPT is then also off.

In addition, it is unclear whether they allow the operation of only one phase, if they are configured as 3-phase (possibly they switch off with error?). But that is unimportant for now.

Of course, I could buy seperate devices for everything: 2 MPPTs, 3 inverters for 3 phases and (if necessary) another for 1-phase operation. But that's crap and way too expensive.

Probably the Victron Multiplus II devices can do it all (who if not them), but they are also quite expensive.

Does anyone have an idea which devices i should buy? I have no idea after endless contacts with Alibaba dealers and Internet search.

regards
Alwin

Last edited:
Back