diy solar

diy solar

Looking for Quality Panels and Battery's from Thailand, AliExpress or Alibaba

The Traveler

Hi, I'm planning to build a solar system on 2.5 acres of farm land in Thailand, on grid but not super reliable and limited, interested in Sol-Ark that can be purchased from Ebay (shipping to Thailand included) can get wire and connectors here. I've been talking with Johhny from Gain Solar services to help with planning. Can purchase Batteries and panels from AliExpress and/or Alibaba. Looking for recommendation for these item supplied by these companies and any other advise, Also thinking 48v system, biggest load is for air conditioners and refrigerators/freezers.
Thanks in advance.
Dave

Hi, I'm planning to build a solar system on 2.5 acres of farm land in Thailand, on grid but not super reliable and limited, interested in Sol-Ark that can be purchased from Ebay (shipping to Thailand included) can get wire and connectors here. I've been talking with Johhny from Gain Solar services to help with planning. Can purchase Batteries and panels from AliExpress and/or Alibaba. Looking for recommendation for these item supplied by these companies and any other advise, Also thinking 48v system, biggest load is for air conditioners and refrigerators/freezers.
Thanks in advance.
Dave
What is your budget in baht, some good deals here.

Generally buy good quality, but always like a good deal!! A solar pump store nearby has panels for about 3000B

The wife and i just went off grid 3 weeks ago, 11 panels, 5.5kw hybrid inverter, 48v 200ah 10kw MaxSky Lithium 6000cycle battery, fixings, cables and racks..labour cost zero....total kit cost 165,000 baht.

Will be buy another battery to give us 20kw storage now that i,m happy with this ones performance.

Thanks in advance.
Dave
What part of Thailand are you in? I recently was in Colorado for few weeks and one of the places I stayed at had a youtuber there that I have watched a few times about sustainability etc. he lives there and I've grown an interest in taking my daughter there to visit sometime.
His name was Jon Jadai such an awesome guy.

Hi back! I'm 30 minutes from Nong Bua Lampoo or 30 minutes from Loei, right in between...Beautiful mountain views!! a real paradise if you can slow down a bit (quite a bit) being from California an all.... I'd like to install myself, have a young guy in the village that drills wells, and installs well pumps and solar, figured I'd hire him to help out...

Thanks for the feedback, I think I'll need around 30 kw, house will be good size, garage will use a bit as well...we like our AC's
The wife and i just went off grid 3 weeks ago, 11 panels, 5.5kw hybrid inverter, 48v 200ah 10kw MaxSky Lithium 6000cycle battery, fixings, cables and racks..labour cost zero....total kit cost 165,000 baht.

Will be buy another battery to give us 20kw storage now that i,m happy with this ones performance

Hi back! I'm 30 minutes from Nong Bua Lampoo or 30 minutes from Loei, right in between...Beautiful mountain views!! a real paradise if you can slow down a bit (quite a bit) being from California an all.... I'd like to install myself, have a young guy in the village that drills wells, and installs well pumps and solar, figured I'd hire him to help out...
Yep, you have to slow down and get used to Sabai Sabai and smile a lot since things get done the Thai time.

Dave, this is the link to the solar panels i bought, although i got 550w version of the same brand but they are listing 420w at present. Good experience with this seller.

This is the link to the good solar shop that i got my MaxSky 48v 200ah 10kw lithium battery, note these batteries can be wired in parallel and come with the linking cables if you want 3 together. 65,000 baht i paid for the new model with 6000 cycles, they are in buriram.

https://www.facebook.com/MaxSky-Solar-104625288313570/photos/pcb.180058867436878/180058607436904 this is the main dealer...

The solar shop above in buriram has all the good brands of inverters e.g Growatt, but a little cheaper on lazada, example 2 of these in parallel

cheers, alan

Will be buy another battery to give us 20kw storage now that i,m happy with this ones performance.
We're in Surin province and planning to install a similar hybrid system in our new house (construction starting in November). Our plans are very similar to yours. Would appreciate any other info you can add: local or on-line purchase, inverter brand, panels are 550w or ? Thanks

Back