diy solar

diy solar

Looking for quiet 12v inverter

Adjake

Any recommendations on a quiet inverter. I don’t need a whole lot of output. 700-1200 range. I’m putting together a smaller solar generator (100ah renogy battery) for camping. I mostly just need 12v with the exception of winter for a heated blanket. This will be in the vehicle with me so I want it to be as quiet as possible.
I’m considering victron 800 and renogy 700 or 1000, but I’m open to anything

Any recommendations on a quiet inverter. I don’t need a whole lot of output. 700-1200 range. I’m putting together a smaller solar generator (100ah renogy battery) for camping. I mostly just need 12v with the exception of winter for a heated blanket. This will be in the vehicle with me so I want it to be as quiet as possible.
I’m considering victron 800 and renogy 700 or 1000, but I’m open to anything
Blanket is ac I take it? Ever try or consider a 12dc heated blanket? I'm kinda looking into that myself. Just curious

I have looked for a dc blanket and really can’t find anything with really good reviews.

I have looked for a dc blanket and really can’t find anything with really good reviews.
Same here. They don't seem to have good reviews. Mostly, I think they are not well protected. No heat settings, like hi, lo, just on and off,, and a few reviews showed them melting the fabric, or in one case burned it, so that tells me there's no overheat protections built in like the AC ones. I'm early in my research tho

Lots of good selections there. (I love my home Sunbeam king-sized heated mattress pad) but all are AC blankets. Didn't see a DC one? And to the OP.. I just metered my sunbeam on startup on high..it drew 175W/1.5A. If it were me, trying to sleep, inside a rig, without an annoying fan,, I'd think your plan of a 700 or 1000W unit would more than cover it. I tend to account for future needs though. Blanket+charging phone+an led light or 2..etc..

Back