diy solar

diy solar

Looking for rack mount LiFePO4 prebuilts, most reputable from Alibaba

I thought the $1000 Mason promotion expired on Oct. 10. There appears to be a cluster of reports that shipping a rack mount batt to USA is in the $400-$500 per unit range. With a large quantity I'm assuming Signature Solar pays less than that on a per unit basis.
On freight right now, air has currently $13/kg, where June it was ~$3.25/kg, and is about a 14~17 day time frame. Fast boat, 40' container used to be about $4.5k for a 40', it is not about $22k

On freight right now, air has currently $13/kg, where June it was ~$3.25/kg, and is about a 14~17 day time frame. Fast boat, 40' container used to be about $4.5k for a 40', it is not about $22k
Wow, that would mean that a ~140 lb. (64 kg) Seplos Mason battery could have shipped by air in June for $208, compared to about double that now by slow boat.

Wow, that would mean that a ~140 lb. (64 kg) Seplos Mason battery could have shipped by air in June for $208, compared to about double that now by slow boat.
Yes and just imagine having to ship it back on your dime!
No thanks I will stick to Packs sold by local merchants but individual batteries are worth it if the company is reputable.

I thought the $1000 Mason promotion expired on Oct. 10. There appears to be a cluster of reports that shipping a rack mount batt to USA is in the $400-$500 per unit range. With a large quantity I'm assuming Signature Solar pays less than that on a per unit basis.
That shipping cost sounds about right.

Well if you BUY from China at $1000 and plop S&H + Duties & levies that $1000 item becomes 2500+ quickly by the time it's at your door.
I would strongly urge folks to look at the "ALL IN COST" (to your door all paid out) and think on it. Sometimes what appears to be a deal isn't when all tallied up.

BTW/FYI: Assembled batteries versus components to make them are viewed differently by Customs. This can be tricky depending on your country
and often times "Assembled Units" fall under different tariff & duty rates.

MAYBE have a Look here:
Made in Canada with Canadian Engineering and Certified/Tested to UL,CSA spec.

Back