diy solar

diy solar

Looking for recommendation alternative to wvc 1200?

kaizday

Hi all,

does anyone have any recommendation for something similar to the wvc 1200?

i am getting horrible performance, way below my low expectation lol (like, 300w out of 4x260w array), and after bought it, i found out that this gti likely wont last very long.

but i like the idea that it has 4 inputs, so no series or parallel is needed, and so i am wondering if there is anything that is similar but is more reliable.

i dont need zero exports i pretty used more than i need during the day.

thanks so much in advance.

Hi.
I had used some GTB-600W and GTB-1200W microinverters that are very similar to the WVC, but include built in wifi for monitoring.

One of the GTB-600s failed after only 3 months of use. The GTB-1200 was not compatible with my panels (it was out if spec, not supporting my 40-45v panels like it should).
Basically these are cheap devices that don't last long.

I finally got a better 2000w from here:

I'm not sure if it's a clone of the Deye 2000w microinverter or just a rebranding of it:

But it seems to work pretty well.
It seems to overheat alot less than the GTBs
and has great monitoring software (Solarman App) which displays alot of useful data like stats and historical data for each MPPT input.

I hope it will last alot longer than the other ones I have.
As for efficiency, I can't say much other than it seems to be a bit more efficient than the GTB. I'm not running it at full load as I have two 455w (STC) panels connected to it separately, and 4 X 100w ETFE panels connected in 2s2p to the third input.

I will have to wait for the summer again to see what the maximum efficiency is, because now it's starting to be cloudy, and I can't really compare its production to the GTBs that were used when it sunny outside.

Back