diy solar

diy solar

Looking for some advice on my first 730Watt Off Grid

I don’t recall? But you’re talking an inverter/controller, right? I just have an mppt charge controller and I believe that ‘disconnect’ setting is for the ‘load’ function- and I don’t use that at all.

If you have the inverter/controller aio and you worry about 11.6 for lifepo you have other issues to address. I configured my system hardware-wise so that I don’t ever see below 12.1- enough batteries enough solar. After 5 cloudy days I did hit 12.0 last week but that’s the first time in a couple years (and I have a 120VAC fridge) but I’m flooded lead acid

Either way- you have to either manage demand or add hardware if low voltage cutoff is a definite concern in practice. Low voltage disconnect is a last resort protection for an anomaly, shouldn’t be a plan. Imho

Good advice thank you. tbh its more a precaution than anything I am not hoping to have to use it however on the odd occasion would be nice to run a high power device. The inverter/charger has an automatic bypass function, so in theory it would be OK to use the battery power with LVD and it switch over to main for a high power device. But your right in practice it defeats the purpose.

Back