diy solar

diy solar

Looking for used 250 watt 24v panels in Missouri

066logger

Good afternoon everyone! Hope everyone is staying cool out there! It’s a hot one here. I’m trying to track down some more panels to add to the 6 I have now. Anybody got any used 225-300 watt 24v panels for sale? I’m going to eventually upgrade to the higher output panels but just can’t quite swing the cash this year. So I’m thinking add 4-6 used panels to my 5 year old Canadian solar panels to get me by. That ac sure likes the power lol.

SanTan Solar has them. That's where all my panels are coming from.
Thank you! I had actually looked at them before but the 14 hour drive to Georgia was a bummer. But I just remembered my family will be down there for a rodeo next week! So I’m currently working to fill a stall in the horse trailer with panels ?. Any advice on the panels with cracks in the vinyl on the backside? Should I steer clear? I was thinking about buying 20 of the 240watt panels.

Thank you! I had actually looked at them before but the 14 hour drive to Georgia was a bummer. But I just remembered my family will be down there for a rodeo next week! So I’m currently working to fill a stall in the horse trailer with panels ?. Any advice on the panels with cracks in the vinyl on the backside? Should I steer clear? I was thinking about buying 20 of the 240watt panels.
I haven't seen anyone complain about any panels from them. I'm using the 250w snail trails panels. They have exceeded my expectations. Later this year, I will purchase at least 50 more.

I haven't seen anyone complain about any panels from them. I'm using the 250w snail trails panels. They have exceeded my expectations. Later this year, I will purchase at least 50 more.
I just put in an order for 10 of the 250 watt Canadian solar snail trails. Reading some conflicting information on the snail trails but I’m willing to roll the dice on them. Crazy to think I paid $264 per panel for the exact same panels probably 7 years ago lol.

I just put in an order for 10 of the 250 watt Canadian solar snail trails. Reading some conflicting information on the snail trails but I’m willing to roll the dice on them. Crazy to think I paid $264 per panel for the exact same panels probably 7 years ago lol.
Yesterday's production with 22 of those panels, on an east facing roof. 20220616_212056.jpg

Yesterday's production with 22 of those panels, on an east facing roof. View attachment 98941
Dang! That works out to almost exactly what I made per panel yesterday too! I had 6.9kwh with 6 panels on a south facing roof but it’s a 34 degree roof and I get partial shading till about noon. I’m in Missouri. So the snail trails must not be affecting the output too much!

Attachments

• 08B748C6-1C10-4978-96E8-0EB346D044F7.png
    08B748C6-1C10-4978-96E8-0EB346D044F7.png
    545.4 KB · Views: 3
I've had no issues with Trina snail trails. I've seen @255watts from 255watt panels; they do not appear to affect production. Longevity, who knows, but production is a go. IMO, for something like a small cheapo cabin build the cracked vinyl might be ok, but the crack will let in moisture and that will eventually create issues. YMMV.

My panels came off ebay. Shipping was high but was offset by ordering a pallet. Very smooth transaction and safe packing from clr_solutions_llc.

24v panels?

What part of Misery?

I've had no issues with Trina snail trails. I've seen @255watts from 255watt panels; they do not appear to affect production. Longevity, who knows, but production is a go. IMO, for something like a small cheapo cabin build the cracked vinyl might be ok, but the crack will let in moisture and that will eventually create issues. YMMV.

My panels came off ebay. Shipping was high but was offset by ordering a pallet. Very smooth transaction and safe packing from clr_solutions_llc.

24v panels?

What part of Misery?
Good to hear about the snail trails! I ended up going that route instead of the cracked vinyl backs. As realistically I can only fit 10 more panels on my roof in the best sun areas anyway so the 20 panel deal wasn’t optimal. My two wood stove chimneys are both on the south side of the roof too so that eats up some real estate. I’m in central Missouri, just north of the lake of the ozarks. You from misery too lol? It’s definitely feeling like misery currently… with no end in sight.

SE Misery. Boy went to S&T. Did you order the panels? Santan may have instructions on their website on how to go about inspection and signing off of the delivery. Panels are one of those heavy and fragile things shippers tend to damage.

SE Misery. Boy went to S&T. Did you order the panels? Santan may have instructions on their website on how to go about inspection and signing off of the delivery. Panels are one of those heavy and fragile things shippers tend to damage.
True. From my experience Santan palletizes their panels very well which is very important in getting undamaged panels. A bad palletizing job will pretty much guarantee broken panels every time.
Whenever I transported panels myself I always packed them on edge which removes the weight of all the panels being piled up on one another.

True. From my experience Santan palletizes their panels very well which is very important in getting undamaged panels. A bad palletizing job will pretty much guarantee broken panels every time.
Whenever I transported panels myself I always packed them on edge which removes the weight of all the panels being piled up on one another.
There is a debate about the proper stacking of panels; the newer light weight panels on edge, and the older heavy frame panels flat with the weight supported by the frame and bound in a way they cannot slide.

Each mfg. packs their product how they see fit. I have purchased many pallets of large heavy Yingli, Toppoint and BP panels in cardboard cribs and all on edge. As we all know BP is an older mfg. and no longer in business. Of course the frameless panels need to be shipped on edge.

I did order them, ended up just getting them shipped as much as I hated to pay the shipping. I will be completely disassembling the shipment before that truck leaves or I sign anything. Learned my lesson on freight shipments. Pretty sure they don’t use forklifts anymore only angry gorillas ?

Well that was pretty fast! Panels arrived and I’m very pleased with everything except one panel. All the other panels have 2 or 3 snail trails, and otherwise look very good. But one panel has some discoloration like from water intrusion and looks like the white backing has some pretty severe cracking internally. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 9C3613C3-D4A1-4567-8218-987981AC9FFC.jpeg
    9C3613C3-D4A1-4567-8218-987981AC9FFC.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 519949EF-F007-4943-B033-CE646C108152.jpeg
    519949EF-F007-4943-B033-CE646C108152.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1D7B38EB-915A-4501-9908-626683EFA5E7.jpeg
    1D7B38EB-915A-4501-9908-626683EFA5E7.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 8
  • D3D1DBB2-6C3E-42DD-89C7-17A0C629EA47.jpeg
    D3D1DBB2-6C3E-42DD-89C7-17A0C629EA47.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 9FC48C4E-13B9-4A2D-B918-533C30EF63AC.jpeg
    9FC48C4E-13B9-4A2D-B918-533C30EF63AC.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 10
Well that was pretty fast! Panels arrived and I’m very pleased with everything except one panel. All the other panels have 2 or 3 snail trails, and otherwise look very good. But one panel has some discoloration like from water intrusion and looks like the white backing has some pretty severe cracking internally. What do you guys think?
Send them pictures of that panel. They will more than likely refund you for it.

Send them pictures of that panel. They will more than likely refund you for it.
I sent them an email. Stupid me I should’ve bought an extra panel just to be safe. Now getting a replacement shipped will probably cost what 3 panels would ??‍♂️

Yes
Definitely order extra panels and battery cells, if diy'ing a battery. I have learned both of these lessons.

Back