diy solar

diy solar

Looking to buy dead inverters

Since it’s not going to be used very much ( emergency generator) or for extended amount of time. I am just trying to find a decent 24v inverter (new, used maybe someone upgrade and has one) since I am on disability. lam not picky. Do you know where I can look

Since it’s not going to be used very much ( emergency generator) or for extended amount of time. I am just trying to find a decent 24v inverter (new, used maybe someone upgrade and has one) since I am on disability. lam not picky. Do you know where I can look
Craigslist, and eBay have gotten me cheap stuff to play with.

Still for sale Two original Dynamote Brutus Inverters, Older than the legendary original Trace....The first high/low frequency inverter. The first “viable off grid inverter”, still meeting factory specs. They dont build them like this any more.

That is so very true! However, how much are you will to spend to do so? A typical 20" LCD tv can be had at Walmart for less than $200. Are you willing to spend $400 to replace the LCD screen after the dog knocked it over? Nope, I'm sure as hell won't be.
This is true even at much lower repair cost levels, for other reasons. I recently made an upgrade decision on a TV (in my RV). It was *not* an economical one. I could have replaced the plug for about $20 and it *might* have continued to work. The power supply connection was a bit loose on the circuit board, but still probably would work.

However, I gained the following by upgrading for around $180 (32" Roku TV from Philips):
  1. Lowered the weight by half.
  2. Lowered the weight by an additional 25 pounds due to the insanely massive metal hinged cabinet door frame it was attached to.
  3. Lowered the power consumption, important as we mostly boondock on solar. This is true even though the new TV is AC vs. the older DC model.
  4. Lowered the power consumption an additional amount since the new TV is 'smart' and can connect directly to WiFi, so I no longer need to run a separate computer for get online content.
In comparison, our first 'high definition' TV was a 36" glass tube model that weighed 215 pounds and cost us $1000. It lasted around 20 years.

This is true even at much lower repair cost levels, for other reasons. I recently made an upgrade decision on a TV (in my RV). It was *not* an economical one. I could have replaced the plug for about $20 and it *might* have continued to work. The power supply connection was a bit loose on the circuit board, but still probably would work.

However, I gained the following by upgrading for around $180 (32" Roku TV from Philips):
  1. Lowered the weight by half.
  2. Lowered the weight by an additional 25 pounds due to the insanely massive metal hinged cabinet door frame it was attached to.
  3. Lowered the power consumption, important as we mostly boondock on solar. This is true even though the new TV is AC vs. the older DC model.
  4. Lowered the power consumption an additional amount since the new TV is 'smart' and can connect directly to WiFi, so I no longer need to run a separate computer for get online content.
In comparison, our first 'high definition' TV was a 36" glass tube model that weighed 215 pounds and cost us $1000. It lasted around 20 years.
Ha! I still have my first high def tube tv… it works as an alarm clock for me. An old Samsung 32” it DOES weigh around 200#…

You ever repair an old Trace SW40xx series? Notice the secret message under the LCD screen?

I have a dead 1kw GTiL2 I would send you for the cost of shipping. It still turns on and the menu works but appears that something in the DC interface side died.

I have a dead 1kw GTiL2 I would send you for the cost of shipping. It still turns on and the menu works but appears that something in the DC interface side died.
Do any of these SUN GTIL2's with Limiters (and clones) have reasonable service life spans ?

After reading many online reviews, they seem to have high failure rates and poor warranty support.

Thanks much.

There is also some value in keeping repairable electronics out of landfills. :)
Not sure I have ever seen electronics in a landfill.

All of the dumps around here won’t accept anything electronic and we are in backwoods USA.

Do any of these SUN GTIL2's with Limiters (and clones) have reasonable service life spans ?

After reading many online reviews, they seem to have high failure rates and poor warranty support.

Thanks much.
There seems to be sizable group that has had good experiences with them lasting a long time. That's not my experience, I had one die after a month and eco-worthy.com wouldn't replace it or even service it for a fee or anything (that was back in 2019). However, the other one gave a solid four years before I replaced it with something else, and I still have it sitting around.

There seems to be sizable group that has had good experiences with them lasting a long time. That's not my experience, I had one die after a month and eco-worthy.com wouldn't replace it or even service it for a fee or anything (that was back in 2019). However, the other one gave a solid four years before I replaced it with something else, and I still have it sitting around.
There are a lot of UT repair videos (and attempted repairs). The fets seem to short out. Problem with caps, fans and displays going out.

Some suggest running them well under their rated output as well as adding external over-voltage and surge protection to them to get longer life.

Nice concept, hopefully the manufactureres are listening and addressing the issues.

Where are you located at? Because shipping inverters may negate any benefit because of insane shilling costs.

I have a boat down in Ft Lauderdale that has a spare Xantrex 3000 watt inverter/charger. It has light corrosion on the circuit board from being in humid tropical locations. It just stopped working one day so we replaced it with a new one and the old one is just sitting there.

If anyone wants dead LVX6048WP. I can send it to them no charge for the inverter. Shipping cost is about $150 (lower 48) We can split it though.

Back