diy solar

diy solar

Looking to fix my neighbor's place... long story ahead!

Stupid physics! I looked up the info on the panels and they're a LOT bigger than I thought. To make a rack to handle a single 3s string it'll have to be 10ft long and 5.5ft high! ? That's going to limit how many panels we can mount... ugh!

I figure since I'm going to be buying a bulk panel deal, I might as well bump up the 12v system I have in my camp, maybe add an inverter and even shut down the generator at nights. I can get a couple strings in the sun with some post holes and lumber.

Granted, it's going to require lumber which may cost more than the solar setup nowadays. :p

There are plenty of guys selling panels cheep you don’t really need to buy a pallet if you don’t need them .
I bought 31 q cells for 135 and 167 a year later after trump tarif tax .
15 panels = 4500 watts and will fill up 2 80 amp charge controllers .
I have 3panels in series and added a Single panel to make the Array look square , so I have a extra panel
up on the roof if I have to replace one .

There are plenty of guys selling panels cheep you don’t really need to buy a pallet if you don’t need them .

Oh no, I WANT to buy a pallet of panels, between all the projects I want to do I'm going to need about 20 or so of them so it just makes sense. I'm just thinking about the fact that 2 of my projects are a 7 hour drive from home so I want to do them at the same time, then work on my home projects otherwise.

Besides, I'm trying to justify and avoid the Eye-Roll my wife will give me when she finds out I'm dropping $1000 on panels. ?

I don’t let my wife know about those types of expenditures ? she gets all pissy .
She still thinks I only have one black rifle and one black pistol ?

Back