diy solar

diy solar

looks like theyre doing 310AH batteries now for around same price as the 280.

Before everyone jumped at me with pitchforks is worth noting that the seller selling the 310AH cells is the same which Will Prowse (owner of this forum) recently bought 280ah cells from successfully

Before everyone jumped at me with pitchforks is worth noting that the seller selling the 310AH cells is the same which Will Prowse (owner of this forum) recently bought 280ah cells from successfully
are you trying to help our argument that they are unlikely to be 310ah cells?... because that's the way it sounds....

If you look at what @Michael B Caro is posting as the person who organizing the group buy on 280a cells.
1) his supply of 280 has dried up
2) whatever is available of 280a has significantly increased in price

As the person who has purchased hundreds if not thousands of these cells and had ongoing communication with more than a few china vendors he seems like the most trust worth person to have good information on these types of cells comming out of china.

I'm sure we would all love to have 10% more capacity at 15% less cost.

When are you putting your $1600 down to order a 16S set and test them?

are you trying to help our argument that they are unlikely to be 310ah cells?... because that's the way it sounds....

If you look at what @Michael B Caro is posting as the person who organizing the group buy on 280a cells.

As the person who has purchased hundreds if not thousands of these cells and had ongoing communication with more than a few china vendors he seems like the most trust worth person to have good information on these types of cells comming out of china.

I'm in the UK so postage/import duties is quite high. I am planning in buying 16 280s for my first system, was just curious on if someone tested these new 310s that shown up last week thats all.

Reactions: Dzl
We tend to be skeptical by default here, stick around long enough and you'll see that almost all of the resellers we buy from misrepresent or oversell their products or their business at least some of the time (Even the ones some people consider 'more trusted), and many folks have been burned or let down. That said, I don't see any reason to disbelieve the 310Ah cells could very well be legitimate non-A-grade discount cells just like the EVE cells, or they could be overinflated specs, or they could be a lower grade cell, capacity isn't the only meaningful parameter. Newer members will likely not remember that just over a year ago the 280Ah EVE cell was the suspiciously cheap, dense, new kid on the block. Skepticism is good but so is keeping an open mind.

These questions have gone unanswered I think:
who is they?
Can you post a link?
Which seller are we talking about?

If someone wants 310ah cells, I can get them.

Actually, the Eve 280ah cells are available again, as are the Lishen 272ah......just at higher prices now.
Lishen prices in particular have shot up.
I can now get CATL 271ah for the same or less than Lishen 272, and the Eve 280 is still more than either of them.
The 310ah cells that have been offered are a really great price but they are CATL cells with the QR code obliterated. Most guys do now want to buy cells with no QR code.
If someone is really interested in 310ah cells I will get prices but, unless there has been a huge change in the past 7-8 days, they will be expensive or have the QR code removed.

I just spent some time going back through a lot of messages to find the 310ah CATL cells.
Not a lot more than the 271ah to 280ah cells and they are supposed to be brand new.....but QR code NOT intact.

I just spent some time going back through a lot of messages to find the 310ah CATL cells.
Not a lot more than the 271ah to 280ah cells and they are supposed to be brand new.....but QR code NOT intact.
The 271Ah CATL cells do have original QR code intact?

My guy says that the CATL 310ah cells are sold as 310ah, but you can expect them to test more like 305ah.
QR Code NOT intact
I can sell them for very close to the Eve 280ah cells

So if you are using these in a permanent setting then going bigger is fine -- BUT for anyone going mobile you want to talk to the manufacturer (not the vendor) and see what they recommend... i will tell you that the 280aH are the largest we are allowed to use in any fleet vehicle. Anything bigger and the plates are just "that much" to heavy and we see a failure spike occurring right after 280 in size ... So they way one of my female techs explained it was - large breasted girl and small breasted girl go for a 2 mile run -- THATS all she had to say - most ppl immediately understood ..

So if you are using these in a permanent setting then going bigger is fine -- BUT for anyone going mobile you want to talk to the manufacturer (not the vendor) and see what they recommend... i will tell you that the 280aH are the largest we are allowed to use in any fleet vehicle. Anything bigger and the plates are just "that much" to heavy and we see a failure spike occurring right after 280 in size ...
To this point, Sinopoly has said <200Ah for marine applications with ~100Ah being best, Nordkyn design has said the marine industry has somewhat settled on <200Ah as the standard (but its worth noting the cells they use jump from 200 to 400, so 280 and 300 fall in between the last recommended size and the first non-recommended size). These are for nylon cased cells, I suspect there is a reason aluminum cased cell capacities have lagged the nylon cased cells for so long in terms of max mass produced cell size. In my eyes, if it applies to marine it probably applies to offroad vehicles equally, hard to say where to draw the line with an onroad RV or something along those lines.

So they way one of my female techs explained it was - large breasted girl and small breasted girl go for a 2 mile run -- THATS all she had to say - most ppl immediately understood ..
You definitely get the award for the best non-technical, hilarious, yet weirdly accurate and spot-on explanations of technical concepts ? and this one is no exception, even men can instantly visualize/comprehend the analogy-- this one definitely makes it into your top 5!

So the jury is still out on the 310ah CAtL cells.
They are popping up more and more with qr codes intact!.
Might pull the trigger on them soon, am leery of the lishens and eves now, because of the extreme demand for them,

Just ordered at Alibaba mentioned above CATL cells with studs welded. I will try to make some review on them as soon as I get them in Russia.
Initially wanted EVE 280 but it lookes like they are out of stock at many stores or available at higger prices or more expensive shipping to my place.

Have a leap of faith, the same thing happened when I ordered 32, 280ah from Xuba last year, shipping by sea, how many unknown risks message I've seen on this forum but everything worked out good, and now everybody is getting sea shipping. I just ordered 32 of these 310ah Catl cells which are advertised with 5 years warranty, Brand new, Grade A, Qr code intact. I believe these are the same quality as the 280ah ordered with Amy,. Some people are happy some are not. While doing my research and speaking with different vendors in China I learned that Catl cell are ranking number 1 type of cells in China. And he showed this fact sheet. I will post back once I get them. And also for the price at 3655$ usd delivery DDP to Canada kemptville, not bad.

Check out this product on Alibaba App Exliporc lithium iron phosphate calb lifepo4 310ah lifepo batery bateria de litio lithim 280 ah 3.2v 280ah lifepo4 battery cell
https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600206686827/Exliporc-lithium-iron-phosphate-calb-lifepo4.html?__sceneInfo={"type":"appDetailShare","data":{"filterKey":"7.8.2_share","cacheTime":"1800000"}}1615737812229.png

Attachments

• B3CA5309-9642-4348-990B-E0B5DD33454F.jpeg
    B3CA5309-9642-4348-990B-E0B5DD33454F.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Have a leap of faith, the same thing happened when I ordered 32 the 280ah from Xuba last year, shipping by sea, how many unknown risks message I've seen on this forum but everything worked out good, and now everybody is getting sea shipping. I just ordered 32 of these 310ah Catl cells which are advertised with 5 years warranty, Brand new, Grade A, Qr code intact. I believe these are the same quality as the 280ah ordered with Amy,. Some people are happy some are not. While doing my research and speaking with different vendors in China I learned that Catl cell are ranking number 1 type of cells. And he showed me a fact sheet.

Not sure how to add a link for the cells, Exliporc New Energy on alibaba
CATL is indeed ranked the Number 1 cell in China.....if it is a cell with a true, valid, intact, QR code.....which very seldom make it to the Alibaba market, and when they do the price is VERY high.

Back