diy solar

diy solar

Looks like walmart has entered the SG market...

Supervstech

Administrator
Staff member
It is only 100W ac, but it has a lot of usb, and dc outlets... 167Wh 3.7V lithium...probably 18650's...
Only $88 so, affordable to light and tv...
15V solar input...
And it has a weather radio built in...
Likely a modified sine wave... it just says "sine wave"
@Will Prowse wanna do a tear down video?

Attachments

• 20210314_172950.jpg
    20210314_172950.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 93
It reminds me of this unit that you can find at < $100, it has 16V 2A brick for charging

Ok, it's cheap, but charging 7 hours at 15 volts? This is extreme slow and a solar panel with 15 volts sounds a bit crazy. Witch solar panel can be used to charge this thing? It seems only a special panel from this brand.

Ok, it's cheap, but charging 7 hours at 15 volts? This is extreme slow and a solar panel with 15 volts sounds a bit crazy. Witch solar panel can be used to charge this thing? It seems only a special panel from this brand.
All “12V” panels output around 17V max charge, maybe those would work?

It seems the 15 volts are the max input voltage, not only the charge voltage. At this way I read the label.

It‘s a bit unclear.

I may grab one for my mom, and play with it with a small assortment of panels I have...

It is only 100W ac, but it has a lot of usb, and dc outlets... 167Wh 3.7V lithium...probably 18650's...
Only $88 so, affordable to light and tv...
15V solar input...
And it has a weather radio built in...
Likely a modified sine wave... it just says "sine wave
Jackery 160 is only $125 now.
Not sure if has Pure sine wave but from a solid company.
USB C!!!
Professional MPPT technology provides faster solar recharge rates. The Explorer 160 can be quickly recharged within 4.5 hours by connecting SolarSaga 60 solar panels together with an adapter cable (sold separately).
For only $37 more that you won't regret like that Walmart cheapie.

Last edited:
I have both units. The GoPower was on clearance at our Walmart for $30. The Vault unit was $75 online.

The GoPower seems to be pure sine as it runs my fan at normal speed. The Vault is modified sine.

The Vault is lifepo4 based which is nice.
Both units charge fine with both my 60w and 100w solar panels.
IMG_20210318_123128.jpg

$30!!!
Wow.
That is a deal.
I wouldn't have hesitated to spend that on one...
Nice it appears pure sine...
How about solar charging? Have you been able?

Yes it does solar charging just fine. I've tested with my 60 watts and 100 watt panels. I'm not sure if either unit is mppt, but they charge fairly fast.
I have 6 I got from Walmart. Runs my 24 in tv and Chromecast Google tv 8-10 hours. The instructions says they charge in 6/7 hours. But I've found that to be a lie, each of all 6 take 10-11 hours from empty with AC wall adapter. I wish they only took 6 hours but after 7 charge cycles on each I come to the conclusion it takes 10-11 hours charging from wall. When hooking AC adapter into kilometer amps while charging isn't stable and fluctuates a lot. I have a question for you though. Ac adapter says output is dc15v/3.2A. If I wanted to charge with a 12v solar panel what would be the max watt/amps could I charge at without frying them?

I have 6 I got from Walmart. Runs my 24 in tv and Chromecast Google tv 8-10 hours. The instructions says they charge in 6/7 hours. But I've found that to be a lie, each of all 6 take 10-11 hours from empty with AC wall adapter. I wish they only took 6 hours but after 7 charge cycles on each I come to the conclusion it takes 10-11 hours charging from wall. When hooking AC adapter into kilometer amps while charging isn't stable and fluctuates a lot. I have a question for you though. Ac adapter says output is dc15v/3.2A. If I wanted to charge with a 12v solar panel what would be the max watt/amps could I charge at without frying them?
Any 12v solar panel will be safe to use, the controller should ignore excess wattage.

They were all marked down to $40 so I grabbed a pair of them.
One charges EXTREMELY SLOW... the other one charged up fine overnight on my cigarette lighter.
I will hook one to my 85w panel and let it run...

Back