diy solar

diy solar

Lots of <$500 Li batteries on Amazon

I'm a big fan of redundancy.......I went with two 12V AGM instead of two golf cart 6V batteries in current setup. If I lose a battery I still have 12V.....Same with LiFo.....I'd rather two 12V for 24V than a single 24V if your system is a 12V system....
I hear you on redundancy, unfortunately my system is 24v.
Having a second (and more) battery over time in parallel is my plan.
I have Gel now and adding new ones to the existing bank is not a good idea. Moving to LiFePo4 will give me that option as I can afford additional batteries. Waiting is getting frustrating, DIY is looking better and better as I keep reading here

By comparing like specs to light specs you can do a cost benefit analysis to see if it’s worth your pocket lint.

Is dumping <500 bucks on a battery with unknown track record, misleading specs, crappy warranty, possible grade B cells worth your coin? Will you be disappointed if it lasts 2000 cycles?

Or would your hard earned money be better off spending more knowing you’re getting a quality product and a warranty worth while? Is it worth 200 more? 400 more? 600 more?

For my current use, a cheaper Amperahour battery while crappier battery, than the best, is prob still way better than my FLA battery and worth my money.
Who is more likely to get grade B cells, the company that buys a container full to assemble complete batteries, or the individual who buys 4 or 8 cells from a broker? Hint, the brokers are buying the cells that weren't good enough to send to the battery assembler. So, which cells are likely to be better quality?

Hi guys, I am new on here and wanting to learn from all the knowledge on hear. I will be installing a solar and wind system in my sail boat next spring and I was checking out Amazon for batteries. I am in Canada and don't have as many options as you do in the lower 48 for anything due to freight and customs I guess. Can anyone give me any advice on these cheap batteries good or bad?
Looking forward to learning from the experience on hear.
Hello from Canada!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 7.08.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 7.08.52 AM.png
    420.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi guys, I am new on here and wanting to learn from all the knowledge on hear. I will be installing a solar and wind system in my sail boat next spring and I was checking out Amazon for batteries. I am in Canada and don't have as many options as you do in the lower 48 for anything due to freight and customs I guess. Can anyone give me any advice on these cheap batteries good or bad?
Looking forward to learning from the experience on hear.
Hello from Canada!!
Based on earlier comments, sounds like there’s a YouTube review of the CHINS one. Has your research taken you any further?

Back