diy solar

diy solar

Low Amps - 4a from 10a charger to 300a batteries - solved

Joe BoyKey

Watts, Watts, more Watts
Wasn't aware other people were having the same problem I experinced unitl I saw this trhead on FB -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DIY...27001&ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment_mention

This happened to me when 1st started charging my 3.2v 302ah Caltl batteries = 4832 amps with my 10 amp charger, was only getting 4.3 amps to paralleled batteries, hooked up 3 leads from charger to different spots on the parallel bank and bam now at 10.3 amps for a week, fyi, Joe.

1633470991849.png

Based on the size your wires appears to be, I would guess you were seeing wiring resistance in series with your battery.

Based on the size your wires appears to be, I would guess you were seeing wiring resistance in series with your battery.
It's all #14 at 10 amps from charger to batteries, with #18 daisy chaining the batteries, should have been sufficient, Grabbed a couple of test leads and added them temporarily and the amps doubled, that's what lead me to 3 leads securely bolted in place, it worked, getting close to 3.6v, now if JBD Bms would show up, I've seen 3 other post with charger under performing, want to get the word out, thanks Joe.

Last edited:
There are a lot of posts on here about replacing the crappy leads that come with those power supplies ... it's one of the most common recommendations in a top balance thread.
You have accomplished it a different way than normally recommended .... if it worked ... it is good.

Back