diy solar

diy solar

Low Cost Chinese inverter doing its wonders

Usangira

Hi,
It is 4 yrs now i have been using this cheap chinese inverter to power my parents house automatically working as an UPS for lighting and Television. During the first 3 yrs I was using Lead Acid Batteries. It is 4 months now I have been using LiPo4 cells 12V 180AH CALB.

The question is, the inverter is not programmable. Ofcourse it is charging the battery to 14.4V and stays there with floating flashes/blinking.

I am just wondering if the battery remains at this very high state of charge 14.4V throughout the year, will the battery last any longer ?. Could be it will only last few hundred cycles.

https://app.alibaba.com/dynamiclink...share_detail&ck=share_detail&shareScene=buyer

Thanks
Innocent

Hi,
It is 4 yrs now i have been using this cheap chinese inverter to power my parents house automatically working as an UPS for lighting and Television. During the first 3 yrs I was using Lead Acid Batteries. It is 4 months now I have been using LiPo4 cells 12V 180AH CALB.

The question is, the inverter is not programmable. Ofcourse it is charging the battery to 14.4V and stays there with floating flashes/blinking.

I am just wondering if the battery remains at this very high state of charge 14.4V throughout the year, will the battery last any longer ?. Could be it will only last few hundred cycles.

https://app.alibaba.com/dynamiclink?touchId=60606200768&type=product&schema=enalibaba://detail?id=60606200768&ck=share_detail&ck=share_detail&shareScene=buyer

Thanks
Innocent
Ok you have mixed things up a little between an inverter and a solar controller I believe your question relates to the solar controller. The link you supplied doesn‘t go to the product you are referencing.

Untill we can see the specifications for the controller we are unable to advise you whether you can program it for lithium batteries but if it does have a user profile then you will be able to.

First you need to update the link and provide the specifications.

Tim

Back