diy solar

diy solar

Low power 48volt inverter.

A Conext 4048 might be a nice fit for you. I have the 24V version and it's idle consumption is <30W. It's split-phase 120/240V, and has ACin for accepting generator power. It has a 5 second surge to 7000W, 4000W continuous.

Thanks, I also contacted Exeltech and they said a $100 flat rate repair, no charge for if it cannot be repaired, so I may take that route as an interim and to have a spare after I decide which inverter to go with.
Wow, that's something that is not found too often a flat rate repair. No bench fee for looking at it even if unrepairable? What a bargain.

I just found the EG4 3kw off grid inverter, that looks promising. I am new to this import equipment and am aware it is not listed equipment, but it sure makes installation easy. If you know of others like this, that maybe better please advise.
My Exeltech inverter is repaired and on it way back. I feel like I am in the stone age after seeing whats available for features vs. cost.

Just watched Will's review, kind of a buzz kill with the high self consumption (50+watts). I believe there is a sleep mode, but then you would have night lights blinking all night. The monitoring is nice but no wi-fi in our area. I understand some people love the monitoring aspect of this gear, but at the end of the day all I need is SOC of my battery bank.

They seem to get good reviews and are reasonably priced. Another one that is supposed to be surprisingly good is the Meanwell TS series. The search continues.

I think my search is over, Morningstar has just come out with a new line of Suresine inverters from 150-2500 watt, 12-24-48 volt models that look promising with 5 year warranty and proper listing. Will be looking at the 1250 and 2500 watt 48 volt models. Now to wait for pricing and availabilty.

Quick update, Received Exeltech xp 1100 inverter back and installed it and all works great. Measured the idle consumption with a Fluke volt meter and Fluke DC clamp meter and came up with 11 watts, pretty good compared to my Trace 2512 which is about 20 watts. Received Pricing, MSRP from Morningstar on their new 1250 and 2500 watt inverters and they are not that bad, should be available early 23.

This one has been available for 10+ years. Not part of the new line of Professional Series.

datasheet-suresine-2-en.pdf

JoeHam, I have one of the 300 watt Suresines in service for our bunkhouse at the cabin for the last 3 years and it has been perfect and very efficient.
As time2roll states it is their new line, no built in battery charger but some other neat features.

Back